COPENHAGEN, United Nations ----The world is at a “tipping point,” and how it produces, distributes and uses energy will determine if sustainable development succeeds, United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said today, highlighting climate financing, in particular new public-private partnerships, increased investment and enhanced market development.
COPENHAGEN, Denmark --- United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today called for a clean energy transformation to help put the world on a more sustainable path, stressing that this will require innovation, investment and collaboration by all partners.
Mon 07 Oct 2013 -
The world is at a critical juncture, with energy consumption rising dramatically. Even allowing for the positive impacts of the policy commitments and plans announced by countries to address global climate change, total primary energy demand in Asia and the Pacific alone is expected to nearly double between 2010 and ...
Global Ocean Commission has called for all vessels on the high seas to carry identification numbers and be trackable using satellite or other technology. Global Ocean Commission is an independent high-level initiative on the future of the ocean.
The United Nations (UN) dirty secret is that West Papua is a trust territory. In 1962, the UN sent a military occupation force to West Papua under the General Assembly Resolution 1752 (XVII), a use of force the General Assembly is allowed under Article 85 and Chapter XII of the ...
Fri 05 Apr 2013 -
At least 3000 people will be descending on Samoa’s shores next year, and the sheer number makes it the biggest ever conference that will be hosted in this country.
AUCKLAND, NZ ---- A European Union Commissioner says moving to renewable energy will give the Pacific Islands a stronger moral mandate to pressure larger countries to follow suit as well as saving them significant amounts of money by reducing dependence on diesel.
- Fri 07 Mar - Switzerland: UN health agency issues guidance on access to contraceptive information, services
- Fri 07 Mar - Australia: Australia's asylum-seeker obsession risks damaging PNG relations
- Fri 07 Mar - Papua New Guinea: Australian-funded charcoal project making life a little cleaner and easier for Papua New Guineans
- Fri 07 Mar - Cook Islands: Cook Islands chosen as Pristine location for Sports Illustrated 50th Anniversary swimsuit issue
- Fri 07 Mar - Fiji: Fiji awaits words from Timor Leste on Volunteer Scheme
- Fri 07 Mar - Australia: Nauru and PNG complain of Australian media coverage
- Fri 07 Mar - Papua New Guinea: Manus Island inquiry: PNG may not allow Australian probe on its soil
- Fri 07 Mar - Papua New Guinea: Lethal injection to be used in PNG capital punishment
- Thu 06 Mar - Fiji: Kalouniwai is Fiji's Military LandForce Commander
- Thu 06 Mar - Papua New Guinea: PNG on brink of IT revolution