COPENHAGEN, United Nations ----The world is at a “tipping point,” and how it produces, distributes and uses energy will determine if sustainable development succeeds, United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said today, highlighting climate financing, in particular new public-private partnerships, increased investment and enhanced market development.
COPENHAGEN, Denmark --- United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today called for a clean energy transformation to help put the world on a more sustainable path, stressing that this will require innovation, investment and collaboration by all partners.
Mon 07 Oct 2013 -
The world is at a critical juncture, with energy consumption rising dramatically. Even allowing for the positive impacts of the policy commitments and plans announced by countries to address global climate change, total primary energy demand in Asia and the Pacific alone is expected to nearly double between 2010 and ...
Global Ocean Commission has called for all vessels on the high seas to carry identification numbers and be trackable using satellite or other technology. Global Ocean Commission is an independent high-level initiative on the future of the ocean.
The United Nations (UN) dirty secret is that West Papua is a trust territory. In 1962, the UN sent a military occupation force to West Papua under the General Assembly Resolution 1752 (XVII), a use of force the General Assembly is allowed under Article 85 and Chapter XII of the ...
Fri 05 Apr 2013 -
At least 3000 people will be descending on Samoa’s shores next year, and the sheer number makes it the biggest ever conference that will be hosted in this country.
AUCKLAND, NZ ---- A European Union Commissioner says moving to renewable energy will give the Pacific Islands a stronger moral mandate to pressure larger countries to follow suit as well as saving them significant amounts of money by reducing dependence on diesel.
- Wed 16 Apr - Australia: Asylum babies ‘must not be sent to PNG’
- Wed 16 Apr - Fiji: Fiji Airways codeshares with Etihad Airways
- Wed 16 Apr - Fiji: WHO & ONOC Join Efforts to Motivate Physical Activity
- Wed 16 Apr - United Kingdom: Pressure Mounts as Deadline for EU-Africa Trade Talks Looms
- Wed 16 Apr - France: ACP Sugar group teams up with CIRAD research centre on agriculture, development activities
- Wed 16 Apr - New Caledonia: Lack of access to data frustrates scientists
- Wed 16 Apr - Fiji: Fiji Airways and Etihad Airways sign groundbreaking interline agreement
- Wed 16 Apr - Papua New Guinea: Bank South Pacific aims to expand
- Wed 16 Apr - New Zealand: Important work for new Pacific Advisory Group - NZ First
- Wed 16 Apr - USA: U.S Army's presence in Pacific won't diminish