Fisheries Ministers in the Pacific have endorsed moves they hope would lead to better management of the south Pacific albacore tuna fisheries both in their 200 miles exclusive economic zones and in the adjacent high seas. First steps were sealed in the remote coral atoll of Atafu in Tokelau last ...
With almost all their electricity supply sourced from the sun, the 1,400 islanders of Tokelau are a living testament to what the German-born but English economist the late E F Schumacher advocated in his book ‘Small is Beautiful’ in 1973. Dumping finite fossil fuel for solar energy is saving the ...
ATAFU, Tokelau --- The Pacific Islands Forum Fisheries Agency says new limits on southern albacore tuna will be in place before the end of the year.
NUKUNONU, Tokelau --- Tokelau is to have three new faces on the country's six person council of the ongoing government.
NUKU'NONU, Tokelau --- A top health official for Tokelau says teaching young people how to protect themselves from sexually transmitted infections will be a big challenge.
NUKUNONU, Tokelau --- NZ-administered Tokelau is looking for tenders to design and construct a new ship for the tiny islands.
Like many Pacific Islands leaders Tokelau’s head of Government or Ulu o Tokelau Kerisiano Kalolo is a worried man.
On 29 October, 2012, Tokelau became the first country in the world to be producing one hundred percent of its electricity from a renewable source—the sun.
- • Fri 01 Aug - 45th Pacific Islands Forum: Cuba attends first post-Forum meeting
- Fri 01 Aug - 45th Pacific Islands Forum: Forum retreat discusses oceans, regionalism and new leadership
- Fri 01 Aug - Viewpoint: Pacific Islands Forum Meeting - of people and power
- Fri 01 Aug - 45th Pacific Islands Forum: Pacific Islands Forum Meeting - of people and power*
- Thu 31 Jul - 45th Pacific Islands Forum: Meg Taylor for Pacific Islands Forum SG
- Thu 31 Jul - Phillippines: PACER-Plus — boon or bane for Pacific island states?
- Thu 31 Jul - Palau: Climate change: The 'greatest threat' to the peoples of the Pacific
- Thu 31 Jul - Palau: O’Neill: PNG major player in Pacific
- Thu 31 Jul - USA: Japan's soldiers practice amphibious landing in Hawaii
- Thu 31 Jul - USA: PACOM chief: China spying on RIMPAC brings 'good news'