BANGKOK, Thailand --- The United Nations agency leading the response to the AIDS epidemic is calling for an end to gender-based violence, which is not only a serious human rights violation but also increase the risk of HIV infection.
BANGKOK, Thailand --- Asia and Pacific leaders have been asked to adopt Fiji’s approach in ensuring the voice of the youth is heard.
BANGKOK, Thailand --- Fiji's Attorney-General and Minister for Communications Aiyaz Sayed-Khaiyum has called on the Asia-Pacific Region to understand the unique challenges faced by the different nations of the region in terms of ICT development and national development.
BANGKOK, Thailand --- Voicing deep concern over high HIV/AIDS infection among children and teenagers in Asia-Pacific, the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) today called for accelerated actions to address the specific needs of this vulnerable group and wipe out the pandemic.
BANGKOK, Thailand ---- Fijian President Ratu Epeli Nailatikau has called for a greater leadership role in the Asia – Pacific region in dealing with HIV & AIDS.
BANGKOK, Thailand — A new UN report warns the HIV epidemic in Asia and the Pacific is at a pivotal juncture with little progress in reducing new infections.
BANGKOK, Thailand ---– The United Nations launched today an interactive map of the information superhighway to show policy makers and investors the location of the missing links in the digital divide in the Asia-Pacific region.
BANGKOK, Thailand ---Thailand has discussed agricultural cooperation with Fiji to exchange know-how and increase trade of agricultural products with each other.
BANGKOK, Thailand –-- The Japan Defense Ministry plans to build a communications intelligence facility on Iwoto Island in the Pacific to improve its ability to conduct surveillance on China and its growing military presence, a government source said Thursday.
BANGKOK, Thailand ---- Some 30 judges from the highest national courts from 16 countries in Asia and the Pacific joined in Bangkok, Thailand from 2-4 June to discuss the role of the judiciary in the AIDS response. They discussed specific actions that can be taken by Judges to create a ...
BANGKOK, Thailand --- Thailand is trying to build business links and trade pacts with Pacific Island nations to feed its growing industrial sector with raw materials and energy.
BANGKOK, Thailand --- Thailand’s leading energy explorer is considering an investment plan in Papua New Guinea although the company has conceded that more time is needed before a conclusion is drawn.
PORT MORESBY, PNG ---- Papua New Guinea Prime Minister Peter O'Neill has agreed to grant natural gas concessions to the Thai private sector during talks with his Thai counterpart Yingluck Shinawatra.
BANGKOK, Thailand ---- Thai premier on Thursday left Bangkok to visit New Zealand and Papua New Guinea during March 21- 25 to strengthen bilateral relations, according to the Thai government's website.
- Wed 12 Mar - Italy: UN expert calls for bridging gap between urban consumers and local food producers
- Wed 12 Mar - Tonga: National Human Rights Consultation a first for Tonga
- Wed 12 Mar - Niue: Niue govt investigates salary increases for specialist fields
- Wed 12 Mar - Papua New Guinea: PNG Nasfund CEO: Contribution must be universal
- Wed 12 Mar - Fiji: Clock ticking for Fiji to ratify interim EPA
- Wed 12 Mar - Fiji: Fiji Police consider special election recruitment
- Wed 12 Mar - Australia: ‘Asylum standards top those of PNG’: Bishop
- Wed 12 Mar - Papua New Guinea: PNG Opposition react on Treasurer sacking
- Wed 12 Mar - Papua New Guinea: PNG Treasurer accept sacking by PM O'Neill
- Wed 12 Mar - Papua New Guinea: Kiribati public utitlity board to learn from Water PNG