TAIPEI, Taiwan --- Taiwan is gearing up efforts to complete the legislative procedure to become an official fishing entity of a regional fisheries management organization in the North Pacific, Taiwanese officials said.
TAIPEI, Taiwan --- Taiwan should develop a “Pacific identity” and learn from the experience of Pacific islands’ independence movements as it pursues a future as an independent country, an academic said.
TAIPEI, Taiwan --- The Taiwanese Control Yuan Tuesday impeached former representative to Fiji Victor Chin and Leon Liu , the former first secretary at the mission, for alleged misconduct committed when they were stationed in the country.
TAIPEI, Taiwan --- A group of disabled children and young adults from Nauru will visit Taiwan next week to learn about Taiwanese culture and meet with physically and mentally challenged Taiwanese, according to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
TAIPEI, Taiwan --- A Taiwanese researcher studying biodiversity on the Solomon Islands said Wednesday that he has found a rare plant in the South Pacific country traditionally used in Chinese medicine.
HONIARA, Solomon Islands---- Solomon Islands Prime Minister Gordon Darcy Lilo has re-assured the Republic of China’s visiting deputy Foreign Minister, Shin Ting, of Solomon Islands unwavering support to Taiwan's meaningful participation in the UN system, including its aspirations to be a member of International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) and UN ...
Wed 06 Mar 2013 -
TAIPEI, Taiwan ----Taiwan's diplomatic ally Tuvalu will open an embassy in Taipei next week, a move expected to boost bilateral ties, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said Tuesday.
- Wed 16 Apr - Australia: Asylum babies ‘must not be sent to PNG’
- Wed 16 Apr - Fiji: Fiji Airways codeshares with Etihad Airways
- Wed 16 Apr - Fiji: WHO & ONOC Join Efforts to Motivate Physical Activity
- Wed 16 Apr - United Kingdom: Pressure Mounts as Deadline for EU-Africa Trade Talks Looms
- Wed 16 Apr - France: ACP Sugar group teams up with CIRAD research centre on agriculture, development activities
- Wed 16 Apr - New Caledonia: Lack of access to data frustrates scientists
- Wed 16 Apr - Fiji: Fiji Airways and Etihad Airways sign groundbreaking interline agreement
- Wed 16 Apr - Papua New Guinea: Bank South Pacific aims to expand
- Wed 16 Apr - New Zealand: Important work for new Pacific Advisory Group - NZ First
- Wed 16 Apr - USA: U.S Army's presence in Pacific won't diminish