SINGAPORE, Singapore --- A charity funding social projects in Papua New Guinea is fighting the government for the return of the Ok Tedi copper mine, after the state took full ownership of the mine that BHP Billiton handed over more than a decade ago.
PRESENTATION BY AMBASSADOR-AT-LARGE BILAHARI KAUSIKAN AT A CONFERENCE ON “THE BIG IDEAS OF MR LEE KUAN YEW” on 16 SEPT 2013.
The Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy organized a conference on "The Big Ideas of Mr Lee Kuan Yew" to commemorate his 90th birthday which is today. This contribution is by Mr Bilahari Kausikan who was until recently Permanent Secretary at the Singapore Foreign Ministry. He is now Ambassador-at-Large.
SINGAPORE -- Industrialization must be an essential part of the growth formula if Asian countries want to prosper and avoid the middle income trap, says a new Asian Development Bank (ADB) report.
SINGAPORE, Singapore --- The United States will remain a Pacific power, American Vice President Joe Biden vowed yesterday as he credited his country with maintaining peace and stability in the region for decades.
Tue 04 Jun 2013 -
SINGAPORE ---– The time has come to think the unthinkable: the era of American dominance in international affairs may well be coming to an end. As that moment approaches, the main question will be how well the United States is prepared for it.
SINGAPORE, Singapore --- Moody's Investors Service says that the Fijian government's B1 foreign currency and local currency bond ratings reflect Moody's methodological assessment of its low level of economic and financial strengths.
- Wed 12 Mar - Italy: UN expert calls for bridging gap between urban consumers and local food producers
- Wed 12 Mar - Tonga: National Human Rights Consultation a first for Tonga
- Wed 12 Mar - Niue: Niue govt investigates salary increases for specialist fields
- Wed 12 Mar - Papua New Guinea: PNG Nasfund CEO: Contribution must be universal
- Wed 12 Mar - Fiji: Clock ticking for Fiji to ratify interim EPA
- Wed 12 Mar - Fiji: Fiji Police consider special election recruitment
- Wed 12 Mar - Australia: ‘Asylum standards top those of PNG’: Bishop
- Wed 12 Mar - Papua New Guinea: PNG Opposition react on Treasurer sacking
- Wed 12 Mar - Papua New Guinea: PNG Treasurer accept sacking by PM O'Neill
- Wed 12 Mar - Papua New Guinea: Kiribati public utitlity board to learn from Water PNG