SINGAPORE, Singapore --- A charity funding social projects in Papua New Guinea is fighting the government for the return of the Ok Tedi copper mine, after the state took full ownership of the mine that BHP Billiton handed over more than a decade ago.
PRESENTATION BY AMBASSADOR-AT-LARGE BILAHARI KAUSIKAN AT A CONFERENCE ON “THE BIG IDEAS OF MR LEE KUAN YEW” on 16 SEPT 2013.
The Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy organized a conference on "The Big Ideas of Mr Lee Kuan Yew" to commemorate his 90th birthday which is today. This contribution is by Mr Bilahari Kausikan who was until recently Permanent Secretary at the Singapore Foreign Ministry. He is now Ambassador-at-Large.
SINGAPORE -- Industrialization must be an essential part of the growth formula if Asian countries want to prosper and avoid the middle income trap, says a new Asian Development Bank (ADB) report.
SINGAPORE, Singapore --- The United States will remain a Pacific power, American Vice President Joe Biden vowed yesterday as he credited his country with maintaining peace and stability in the region for decades.
Tue 04 Jun 2013 -
SINGAPORE ---– The time has come to think the unthinkable: the era of American dominance in international affairs may well be coming to an end. As that moment approaches, the main question will be how well the United States is prepared for it.
SINGAPORE, Singapore --- Moody's Investors Service says that the Fijian government's B1 foreign currency and local currency bond ratings reflect Moody's methodological assessment of its low level of economic and financial strengths.
- Tue 22 Apr - USA: Ahead of Sendai conference, Ban pushes for 2015 global agreement on disaster risk
- Tue 22 Apr - Northern Mariana Islands: Two apply for Saipan casino license
- Tue 22 Apr - Northern Mariana Islands: Google Earth to visit Saipan next month
- Tue 22 Apr - Papua New Guinea: British think-tank calls on PNG to improve its forest governance by partnering with Europe
- Tue 22 Apr - Samoa: Samoa's former finance minister keeps UN as an option
- Tue 22 Apr - Fiji: National Candidate List by August 25
- Tue 22 Apr - Papua New Guinea: PNG, Indonesia set for border talks
- Tue 22 Apr - Indonesia: Indonesian foreign minister Marty Natalegawa expects Australia to sign off on deal to limit spying
- Tue 22 Apr - Cook Islands: Huge marine park in Cook Islands on track for 2015
- Wed 16 Apr - Australia: Asylum babies ‘must not be sent to PNG’