SINGAPORE, Singapore --- A charity funding social projects in Papua New Guinea is fighting the government for the return of the Ok Tedi copper mine, after the state took full ownership of the mine that BHP Billiton handed over more than a decade ago.
PRESENTATION BY AMBASSADOR-AT-LARGE BILAHARI KAUSIKAN AT A CONFERENCE ON “THE BIG IDEAS OF MR LEE KUAN YEW” on 16 SEPT 2013.
The Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy organized a conference on "The Big Ideas of Mr Lee Kuan Yew" to commemorate his 90th birthday which is today. This contribution is by Mr Bilahari Kausikan who was until recently Permanent Secretary at the Singapore Foreign Ministry. He is now Ambassador-at-Large.
SINGAPORE -- Industrialization must be an essential part of the growth formula if Asian countries want to prosper and avoid the middle income trap, says a new Asian Development Bank (ADB) report.
SINGAPORE, Singapore --- The United States will remain a Pacific power, American Vice President Joe Biden vowed yesterday as he credited his country with maintaining peace and stability in the region for decades.
Tue 04 Jun 2013 -
SINGAPORE ---– The time has come to think the unthinkable: the era of American dominance in international affairs may well be coming to an end. As that moment approaches, the main question will be how well the United States is prepared for it.
SINGAPORE, Singapore --- Moody's Investors Service says that the Fijian government's B1 foreign currency and local currency bond ratings reflect Moody's methodological assessment of its low level of economic and financial strengths.
- Wed 16 Apr - Australia: Asylum babies ‘must not be sent to PNG’
- Wed 16 Apr - Fiji: Fiji Airways codeshares with Etihad Airways
- Wed 16 Apr - Fiji: WHO & ONOC Join Efforts to Motivate Physical Activity
- Wed 16 Apr - United Kingdom: Pressure Mounts as Deadline for EU-Africa Trade Talks Looms
- Wed 16 Apr - France: ACP Sugar group teams up with CIRAD research centre on agriculture, development activities
- Wed 16 Apr - New Caledonia: Lack of access to data frustrates scientists
- Wed 16 Apr - Fiji: Fiji Airways and Etihad Airways sign groundbreaking interline agreement
- Wed 16 Apr - Papua New Guinea: Bank South Pacific aims to expand
- Wed 16 Apr - New Zealand: Important work for new Pacific Advisory Group - NZ First
- Wed 16 Apr - USA: U.S Army's presence in Pacific won't diminish