ST PETERSBURG, Russia ---Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said he will tell the International Olympic Committee that leaks of radioactive water at the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant will pose no problem in hosting the 2020 Olympics.
MOSCOW, Russia ---President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday watched Russia's biggest military maneuvers since Soviet times, involving 160,000 troops and about 5,000 tanks across Siberia and the far eastern region in a massive show of the nation's resurgent military might.
Cook islands has been identified by the Russian Central Bank as one of the countries where over $45.5 billion of Russian wealth ended up in the first half of 2013. The other countries include Cyprus, Hong Kong, Switzerland, Latvia, and other 'offshores'.
MOSCOW, Russia ---The International Rugby Board has announced New Zealand's Tim Mikkelson as the IRB Sevens Player of the Year, in association with HSBC.
MOSCOW, Russia --- Fiji's Prime Minister, Commodore Voreqe Bainimarama, has made a plea to Russians to consider Fiji as a holiday destination.
MOSCOW, Russia --- The Russian Federation will stand by Fiji as it continues its reform process leading up to the 2014 general elections.
MOSCOW, Russia ---The Russian Prime Minister, Dmitry Medvedev, has said that Fiji has the right to be left alone to map its own way forward without being dictated to by other countries.
BONN, Russia ---Europe on Thursday mooted a diplomatic push to persuade Russia to stop blocking a UN-appointed body tasked with laying vital groundwork for a global pact on climate change.
- Thu 24 Apr - Kiribati: Kiribati receives new diplomat to look after New Zealand High Commission
- Thu 24 Apr - Fiji: NZ urged to tread carefully over new ambassador role
- Thu 24 Apr - Papua New Guinea: WHO slams PNG National Doctors Association
- Thu 24 Apr - Fiji: You must register to vote: Fiji Elections Office
- Thu 24 Apr - Papua New Guinea: K5 million needed for Cyclone recovery in PNG
- Thu 24 Apr - Australia: Dry weather predicted across western Pacific as El Nino cycle set to return early
- Thu 24 Apr - Fiji: Teenage pregnancies in the Pacific still cause for concern, says United Nations
- Wed 23 Apr - Switzerland: ACP countries addressing climate change together: GCCA Intra-ACP conference
- Wed 23 Apr - USA: On Mother Earth Day, UN urges protecting planet from ‘heavy hand of humankind’
- Wed 23 Apr - Fiji: Fiji stakeholders pleased with ginger export approval