ALOFI, Niue --- The Premier of Niue has failed to gain a majority in the house of parliament at the weekend's general election.
ALOFI, Niue ----- An opposition MP says the Niue government's decision to stop talking to a faction of the media is a concern, especially leading up to next month's elections.
ALOFI, Niue --- The Niue government is considering salary increases for certain positions in an effort to retain people in specialist fields.
ALOFI, Niue ---- The Government of Niue is expecting savings to the tune of NZ$137,000 per annum with the recent commissioning of their solar photovoltaic system project.
ALOFI, Niue --- A no-confidence motion brought by the Niue opposition has been defeated 12 votes to seven in parliament.
ALOFI, Niue --- Opposition MPs in Niue have entered a motion of no confidence in the government.
ALOFI, NIUE ---- A proposal by Niue Premier Toke Talagi for his small Pacific nation to house asylum-seekers to Australia has been rejected by the Niuean parliament.
ALOFI, Niue --- Niue Premier Toke Talagi, has announced the dates for the islands General Election after consultations with his caucus.
ALOFI, Niue --- There are reports the Niue government intends putting public servants on four day weeks but pay them for five, in lieu of a promised wage increase.
ALOFI, Niue ---- An MP in Niue says the people on the island do not want to host an asylum seeker centre.
ALOFI, Niue --- New Zealand is coming under fire for the way it gives aid to Niue with the leader of the island nation saying his country wants to steer its own course
ALOFI, Niue --- Tourism operators in Niue may be able to access cheap loans to expand their accommodation facilities as the country’s push to grow the sector gathers momentum.
It is good news. According to the latest data to be published on smoking rates, Niue may be well on its way to achieving the goal of being ‘smoke free’ by 2025.
ALOFI, Niue ---- The chair of the Niue Tourism Board, Teresa Scott, says an additional flight to Niue, starting next month, has prompted some new businesses to set up.
Internet links between Niue and the outside world will now be more reliable—thanks to a new satellite dish installed on the island.
- Thu 24 Apr - Kiribati: Kiribati receives new diplomat to look after New Zealand High Commission
- Thu 24 Apr - Fiji: NZ urged to tread carefully over new ambassador role
- Thu 24 Apr - Papua New Guinea: WHO slams PNG National Doctors Association
- Thu 24 Apr - Fiji: You must register to vote: Fiji Elections Office
- Thu 24 Apr - Papua New Guinea: K5 million needed for Cyclone recovery in PNG
- Thu 24 Apr - Australia: Dry weather predicted across western Pacific as El Nino cycle set to return early
- Thu 24 Apr - Fiji: Teenage pregnancies in the Pacific still cause for concern, says United Nations
- Wed 23 Apr - Switzerland: ACP countries addressing climate change together: GCCA Intra-ACP conference
- Wed 23 Apr - USA: On Mother Earth Day, UN urges protecting planet from ‘heavy hand of humankind’
- Wed 23 Apr - Fiji: Fiji stakeholders pleased with ginger export approval