ALOFI, Niue ---- The Government of Niue is expecting savings to the tune of NZ$137,000 per annum with the recent commissioning of their solar photovoltaic system project.
ALOFI, Niue --- A no-confidence motion brought by the Niue opposition has been defeated 12 votes to seven in parliament.
ALOFI, Niue --- Opposition MPs in Niue have entered a motion of no confidence in the government.
ALOFI, NIUE ---- A proposal by Niue Premier Toke Talagi for his small Pacific nation to house asylum-seekers to Australia has been rejected by the Niuean parliament.
ALOFI, Niue --- Niue Premier Toke Talagi, has announced the dates for the islands General Election after consultations with his caucus.
ALOFI, Niue --- There are reports the Niue government intends putting public servants on four day weeks but pay them for five, in lieu of a promised wage increase.
ALOFI, Niue ---- An MP in Niue says the people on the island do not want to host an asylum seeker centre.
ALOFI, Niue --- New Zealand is coming under fire for the way it gives aid to Niue with the leader of the island nation saying his country wants to steer its own course
ALOFI, Niue --- Tourism operators in Niue may be able to access cheap loans to expand their accommodation facilities as the country’s push to grow the sector gathers momentum.
It is good news. According to the latest data to be published on smoking rates, Niue may be well on its way to achieving the goal of being ‘smoke free’ by 2025.
ALOFI, Niue ---- The chair of the Niue Tourism Board, Teresa Scott, says an additional flight to Niue, starting next month, has prompted some new businesses to set up.
Internet links between Niue and the outside world will now be more reliable—thanks to a new satellite dish installed on the island.
- Fri 07 Mar - Switzerland: UN health agency issues guidance on access to contraceptive information, services
- Fri 07 Mar - Australia: Australia's asylum-seeker obsession risks damaging PNG relations
- Fri 07 Mar - Papua New Guinea: Australian-funded charcoal project making life a little cleaner and easier for Papua New Guineans
- Fri 07 Mar - Cook Islands: Cook Islands chosen as Pristine location for Sports Illustrated 50th Anniversary swimsuit issue
- Fri 07 Mar - Fiji: Fiji awaits words from Timor Leste on Volunteer Scheme
- Fri 07 Mar - Australia: Nauru and PNG complain of Australian media coverage
- Fri 07 Mar - Papua New Guinea: Manus Island inquiry: PNG may not allow Australian probe on its soil
- Fri 07 Mar - Papua New Guinea: Lethal injection to be used in PNG capital punishment
- Thu 06 Mar - Fiji: Kalouniwai is Fiji's Military LandForce Commander
- Thu 06 Mar - Papua New Guinea: PNG on brink of IT revolution