ALOFI, Niue --- The Premier of Niue has failed to gain a majority in the house of parliament at the weekend's general election.
ALOFI, Niue ----- An opposition MP says the Niue government's decision to stop talking to a faction of the media is a concern, especially leading up to next month's elections.
ALOFI, Niue --- The Niue government is considering salary increases for certain positions in an effort to retain people in specialist fields.
ALOFI, Niue ---- The Government of Niue is expecting savings to the tune of NZ$137,000 per annum with the recent commissioning of their solar photovoltaic system project.
ALOFI, Niue --- A no-confidence motion brought by the Niue opposition has been defeated 12 votes to seven in parliament.
ALOFI, Niue --- Opposition MPs in Niue have entered a motion of no confidence in the government.
ALOFI, NIUE ---- A proposal by Niue Premier Toke Talagi for his small Pacific nation to house asylum-seekers to Australia has been rejected by the Niuean parliament.
ALOFI, Niue --- Niue Premier Toke Talagi, has announced the dates for the islands General Election after consultations with his caucus.
ALOFI, Niue --- There are reports the Niue government intends putting public servants on four day weeks but pay them for five, in lieu of a promised wage increase.
ALOFI, Niue ---- An MP in Niue says the people on the island do not want to host an asylum seeker centre.
ALOFI, Niue --- New Zealand is coming under fire for the way it gives aid to Niue with the leader of the island nation saying his country wants to steer its own course
ALOFI, Niue --- Tourism operators in Niue may be able to access cheap loans to expand their accommodation facilities as the country’s push to grow the sector gathers momentum.
It is good news. According to the latest data to be published on smoking rates, Niue may be well on its way to achieving the goal of being ‘smoke free’ by 2025.
ALOFI, Niue ---- The chair of the Niue Tourism Board, Teresa Scott, says an additional flight to Niue, starting next month, has prompted some new businesses to set up.
Internet links between Niue and the outside world will now be more reliable—thanks to a new satellite dish installed on the island.
- Wed 16 Apr - Australia: Asylum babies ‘must not be sent to PNG’
- Wed 16 Apr - Fiji: Fiji Airways codeshares with Etihad Airways
- Tue 15 Apr - Fiji: Agroforestry demo site excites Fiji’s Minister for Primary Industries
- Tue 15 Apr - We Say: Pacific health a priority
- Mon 14 Apr - USA: In Washington, UN Chief urges world leaders to work towards climate action
- Mon 14 Apr - Papua New Guinea: Horizon Oil's PNG project cleared
- Mon 14 Apr - Fiji: NZ offers Fiji 10 postgrad scholarships
- Mon 14 Apr - Australia: Japanese whalers plan new Antarctic hunt
- Mon 14 Apr - Fiji: EU await formal PACP meet proposal
- Mon 14 Apr - Papua New Guinea: Quake kills 1 in Bougainville