At least three members of the board of directors of the new look Pacific Islands News Association Limited will have to be Fiji residents, the regional media body has confirmed.
The Pacific Islands News Association’s call to the region’s fractious media organisations to work together and move forward at its Fiji convention in late March must be welcomed.
One of the pithier definitions of news is,‘something that someone somewhere doesn’t want you to know’. More often than not, that someone is in a position of power—either in government or in business— and what they don’t want you to know is some shady thing that has been done at ...
The media's role is said to be to hold a mirror to the government and to society without fear or favour. But Pacific media practitioners and academics are doing a disservice to their professions and to media consumers at large as they continue blackening one other's faces putting their narrow ...
- Fri 22 Aug - UNSIDS : A booming good idea!
- Fri 22 Aug - UNSIDS : Cook Islands coastal calculator helps construct new harbour
- Fri 22 Aug - Fiji: ‘Completing the cycle’ in Fiji: Improving the health of humans and the planet
- Fri 22 Aug - Kiribati: The Island Nation That Bought a Back-Up Property
- Fri 22 Aug - Papua New Guinea: PNG PM defends govt service delivery
- Fri 22 Aug - New Caledonia: New Caledonia ponders reforms
- Fri 22 Aug - Fiji: Fiji TV posts $1.2m profit before tax
- Fri 22 Aug - Australia: Neptune Pacific Line to acquire Polynesian Shipping line
- Fri 22 Aug - Papua New Guinea: Calls for PNG to implement gun control recommendations
- Fri 22 Aug - Samoa: SIDS conference in Samoa shaping up as a world class innovator, leading the way on climate change