At least three members of the board of directors of the new look Pacific Islands News Association Limited will have to be Fiji residents, the regional media body has confirmed.
The Pacific Islands News Association’s call to the region’s fractious media organisations to work together and move forward at its Fiji convention in late March must be welcomed.
One of the pithier definitions of news is,‘something that someone somewhere doesn’t want you to know’. More often than not, that someone is in a position of power—either in government or in business— and what they don’t want you to know is some shady thing that has been done at ...
The media's role is said to be to hold a mirror to the government and to society without fear or favour. But Pacific media practitioners and academics are doing a disservice to their professions and to media consumers at large as they continue blackening one other's faces putting their narrow ...
- Mon 22 Sep - Fiji: Bainimarama being sworn in as Fiji’s 6th PM
- Sun 21 Sep - 2014 Fiji Election Update: Vote verification in Fiji's elections enters day four
- Sat 20 Sep - 2014 Fiji Election Update: Fiji First Party gunning for huge win
- Sat 20 Sep - 2014 Fiji Election Update: Election Commission rejects parties’ irregularity complains
- Sat 20 Sep - 2014 Fiji Election Update: Fiji Election Result Update: 7am (fiji time)
- Thu 18 Sep - 2014 Fiji Election Update: Parties refuse to accept election defeat
- Thu 18 Sep - 2014 Fiji Election Update: International observers declare Fiji elections “credible”
- Thu 18 Sep - Papua New Guinea: Digicel receives approval
- Thu 18 Sep - Papua New Guinea: ANZ economist urges country to prepare for two risks
- Thu 18 Sep - Samoa: Bullets found in Samoan journalist bag during SIDS conference