At least three members of the board of directors of the new look Pacific Islands News Association Limited will have to be Fiji residents, the regional media body has confirmed.
The Pacific Islands News Association’s call to the region’s fractious media organisations to work together and move forward at its Fiji convention in late March must be welcomed.
One of the pithier definitions of news is,‘something that someone somewhere doesn’t want you to know’. More often than not, that someone is in a position of power—either in government or in business— and what they don’t want you to know is some shady thing that has been done at ...
The media's role is said to be to hold a mirror to the government and to society without fear or favour. But Pacific media practitioners and academics are doing a disservice to their professions and to media consumers at large as they continue blackening one other's faces putting their narrow ...
- Tue 02 Sep - Samoa: Tourism brings more than $34million into Vanuatu economy annually
- Tue 02 Sep - Fiji: Fiji Police on guard as postal ballots come in
- Tue 02 Sep - Golan Heights: Vigil for safe return of Fijian soldiers
- Tue 02 Sep - Samoa: PNG seeks more help for smaller island states
- Tue 02 Sep - Samoa: SIDS challenged to invest in climate services
- Tue 02 Sep - UNSIDS : SIDS Conference: SPC and partners emphasise importance of coastal fisheries
- Tue 02 Sep - UNSIDS : Pacific’s Largest Solar Photovoltaic Site Opened in Samoa
- Tue 02 Sep - UNSIDS : EU Water Project Provides for Over 1000 Families
- Tue 02 Sep - UNSIDS : A five year project strengthening Natural Solutions in the Pacific region
- Tue 02 Sep - UNSIDS : Pacific Resilience – Strategy for Climate and Disaster Resilient Development in the Pacific (SRDP)