Recently much publicity has been given by one of the two Fiji dailies on an Englishman proudly unfurling the Fiji flag on the roof of the world, Mt Everest.
The assertion that polygamy contributes to the spread of HIV/AIDS is mistaken. The issue is men having sex with those who are not their wives; it is not the number of wives. Your own article acknowledges that the rise in infections was “due to sexual relationships outside marriage.” Why then ...
I am Getting a bit of tired of the Anti - Australian bias from your magazine. If you haven’t got the balls to criticise the biased dictatorship of your own country, then I don’t think you have a licence to comment on anyone else’s.
I have come to a stage where I no longer believe in an united Papua New Guinea. I have totally lost confidence in our united efforts to correct the many wrongs that continue to divide our country into ethnic divide. When things go wrong, we use the excuse of “oh, ...
I read with interest Professor Wadan Narsey’s recent article in ISLANDS BUSINESS referring to the Pacific Plan Review (published on February 27 and entitled “An emerging chasm in Pacific integration”). It’s wonderful the review is sparking interest around the region—including from established academics such as Professor Narsey—but it’s a little ...
The United Nations (UN) dirty secret is that West Papua is a trust territory. In 1962, the UN sent a military occupation force to West Papua under the General Assembly Resolution 1752 (XVII), a use of force the General Assembly is allowed under Article 85 and Chapter XII of the ...
A little over 50 years ago when Indonesia annexed West Papua, it was not to liberate the Melanesians from Dutch rule, it was to gain valuable fertile land with considerable mineral and oil wealth and enormous dense tropical rainforests.
The on-going self-promotion by the PNA as the Western and Central Pacific’s saviour for tuna is blatantly misleading and a farce.
Like most major national capital precincts around the world, Canberra, too, has that geometrically clinical, imperiously distant quality about it.
Correspondence from our readers
- Wed 16 Apr - Australia: Asylum babies ‘must not be sent to PNG’
- Wed 16 Apr - Fiji: Fiji Airways codeshares with Etihad Airways
- Wed 16 Apr - Fiji: WHO & ONOC Join Efforts to Motivate Physical Activity
- Wed 16 Apr - United Kingdom: Pressure Mounts as Deadline for EU-Africa Trade Talks Looms
- Wed 16 Apr - France: ACP Sugar group teams up with CIRAD research centre on agriculture, development activities
- Wed 16 Apr - New Caledonia: Lack of access to data frustrates scientists
- Wed 16 Apr - Fiji: Fiji Airways and Etihad Airways sign groundbreaking interline agreement
- Wed 16 Apr - Papua New Guinea: Bank South Pacific aims to expand
- Wed 16 Apr - New Zealand: Important work for new Pacific Advisory Group - NZ First
- Wed 16 Apr - USA: U.S Army's presence in Pacific won't diminish