SEOUL, Korea --- Senior United Nations officials hailed the opening in the Republic of Korea today of the UN-backed Green Climate Fund as a significant step in the collective effort to support mitigation, adaptation and resilience measures in developing countries.
SEOUL, South Korea--- South Korea has raised its surveillance of North Korea after the reclusive state moved one or more long-range missiles in readiness for a possible launch, Yonhap news agency has reported.
PYONGYANG, North Korea --- North Korea threatened “thermo-nuclear war” on Tuesday as it warned foreigners to leave South Korea to avoid harm in the event of war.
SEOUL, Korea --- After a series of escalating threats, North Korea has moved a missile with “considerable range” to its east coast, South Korea's defence minister says.
SEOUL, Korea --- North Korea has moved what appears to be a mid-range Musudan missile to its east coast, South Korea's Yonhap news agency said on Thursday, quoting multiple government sources privy to intelligence from US and South Korean authorities.
SEOUL, Korea --- South Korea’s president has instructed her country’s military to respond to any North Korean provocation, in a warning to Pyongyang that will further escalate tensions between the two rivals.
- Mon 09 Dec - Australia: Rice growers face loss of $80m PNG market
- Mon 09 Dec - Papua New Guinea: Oil Search may extend PNG reach
- Mon 09 Dec - Fiji: Criminals stand to lose all under new Fiji laws
- Mon 09 Dec - USA: NSA defends global cellphone tracking as legal
- Mon 09 Dec - Solomon Islands: Solomon Islands holds exploratory talks with Bangladesh