SEOUL, Korea --- Senior United Nations officials hailed the opening in the Republic of Korea today of the UN-backed Green Climate Fund as a significant step in the collective effort to support mitigation, adaptation and resilience measures in developing countries.
SEOUL, South Korea--- South Korea has raised its surveillance of North Korea after the reclusive state moved one or more long-range missiles in readiness for a possible launch, Yonhap news agency has reported.
PYONGYANG, North Korea --- North Korea threatened “thermo-nuclear war” on Tuesday as it warned foreigners to leave South Korea to avoid harm in the event of war.
SEOUL, Korea --- After a series of escalating threats, North Korea has moved a missile with “considerable range” to its east coast, South Korea's defence minister says.
SEOUL, Korea --- North Korea has moved what appears to be a mid-range Musudan missile to its east coast, South Korea's Yonhap news agency said on Thursday, quoting multiple government sources privy to intelligence from US and South Korean authorities.
SEOUL, Korea --- South Korea’s president has instructed her country’s military to respond to any North Korean provocation, in a warning to Pyongyang that will further escalate tensions between the two rivals.
- Fri 07 Mar - Switzerland: UN health agency issues guidance on access to contraceptive information, services
- Fri 07 Mar - Australia: Australia's asylum-seeker obsession risks damaging PNG relations
- Fri 07 Mar - Papua New Guinea: Australian-funded charcoal project making life a little cleaner and easier for Papua New Guineans
- Fri 07 Mar - Cook Islands: Cook Islands chosen as Pristine location for Sports Illustrated 50th Anniversary swimsuit issue
- Fri 07 Mar - Fiji: Fiji awaits words from Timor Leste on Volunteer Scheme
- Fri 07 Mar - Australia: Nauru and PNG complain of Australian media coverage
- Fri 07 Mar - Papua New Guinea: Manus Island inquiry: PNG may not allow Australian probe on its soil
- Fri 07 Mar - Papua New Guinea: Lethal injection to be used in PNG capital punishment
- Thu 06 Mar - Fiji: Kalouniwai is Fiji's Military LandForce Commander
- Thu 06 Mar - Papua New Guinea: PNG on brink of IT revolution