SEOUL, Korea --- Senior United Nations officials hailed the opening in the Republic of Korea today of the UN-backed Green Climate Fund as a significant step in the collective effort to support mitigation, adaptation and resilience measures in developing countries.
SEOUL, South Korea--- South Korea has raised its surveillance of North Korea after the reclusive state moved one or more long-range missiles in readiness for a possible launch, Yonhap news agency has reported.
PYONGYANG, North Korea --- North Korea threatened “thermo-nuclear war” on Tuesday as it warned foreigners to leave South Korea to avoid harm in the event of war.
SEOUL, Korea --- After a series of escalating threats, North Korea has moved a missile with “considerable range” to its east coast, South Korea's defence minister says.
SEOUL, Korea --- North Korea has moved what appears to be a mid-range Musudan missile to its east coast, South Korea's Yonhap news agency said on Thursday, quoting multiple government sources privy to intelligence from US and South Korean authorities.
SEOUL, Korea --- South Korea’s president has instructed her country’s military to respond to any North Korean provocation, in a warning to Pyongyang that will further escalate tensions between the two rivals.
- Thu 24 Apr - Kiribati: Kiribati receives new diplomat to look after New Zealand High Commission
- Thu 24 Apr - Fiji: NZ urged to tread carefully over new ambassador role
- Thu 24 Apr - Papua New Guinea: WHO slams PNG National Doctors Association
- Thu 24 Apr - Fiji: You must register to vote: Fiji Elections Office
- Thu 24 Apr - Papua New Guinea: K5 million needed for Cyclone recovery in PNG
- Thu 24 Apr - Australia: Dry weather predicted across western Pacific as El Nino cycle set to return early
- Thu 24 Apr - Fiji: Teenage pregnancies in the Pacific still cause for concern, says United Nations
- Wed 23 Apr - Switzerland: ACP countries addressing climate change together: GCCA Intra-ACP conference
- Wed 23 Apr - USA: On Mother Earth Day, UN urges protecting planet from ‘heavy hand of humankind’
- Wed 23 Apr - Fiji: Fiji stakeholders pleased with ginger export approval