Ayoung Fijian man who marched in as a private in the Republic of the Fiji Military Forces more than 30 years ago is now head of Fiji’s 4,000-strong force. Brigadier General Mosese Tikoitoga is from the southern island province of Kadavu, from Muani Village in the district of Ravitaki. Where ...
Josefa Tuamoto once Fiji’s top tourism marketing official is now taking his vast years of experience to the Solomon Islands. Last month, the Solomon Islands Visitors Bureau (SIVB) announced Tuamoto’s appointment as the new General Manager of SIVB, replacing local Michael Tokuru.
MediaGlobal News Bureau Chief Nosh Nalavala interviewed Ambassador Marlene Moses, Permanent Representative of Nauru to the United Nations on the impact of climate change on small islands.
As the incoming Chief Trade Adviser (CTA) for Pacific Islands Countries, Dr Edwini Kessie has his job cut out for him. When he takes his leave from the Council and Trade Negotiations Committee Division of the World Trade Organisation in Geneva to join the Office of the CTA in Port ...
Pamela Cox, the World Bank’s new Vice President for East Asia and Pacific, visited Samoa recently and met with people affected by the 2009 tsunami, which had claimed 143 lives and left 5,000 homeless. It was her first visit to a Pacific country.
Xianbin Yao, the Asian Development Bank’s new Director General for the Pacific, recently visited the University of the South Pacific in Suva, Fiji, to sign an agreement under a US$19 million loan to upgrade regional campuses in Fiji, Kiribati, and Solomon Islands; and improve distance education and e-learning.
Dr Alfred Duda is the outgoing Senior Advisor on International Waters at the Global Environment Facility (GEF) Secretariattalks to SOPAC’s Tiy Chung about the Pacific IWRM project and his hopes for the future of the region.
If there is something Dr Jimmie Rodgers -- the longest serving Director-General of the Secretariat of the Pacific Community (SPC) -- wants to see as the organisation celebrates its 65th birthday this year, it’s for the 22 Pacific Islands member countries to really use the SPC to their advantage.
- Thu 24 Apr - Kiribati: Kiribati receives new diplomat to look after New Zealand High Commission
- Thu 24 Apr - Fiji: NZ urged to tread carefully over new ambassador role
- Thu 24 Apr - Papua New Guinea: WHO slams PNG National Doctors Association
- Thu 24 Apr - Fiji: You must register to vote: Fiji Elections Office
- Thu 24 Apr - Papua New Guinea: K5 million needed for Cyclone recovery in PNG
- Thu 24 Apr - Australia: Dry weather predicted across western Pacific as El Nino cycle set to return early
- Thu 24 Apr - Fiji: Teenage pregnancies in the Pacific still cause for concern, says United Nations
- Wed 23 Apr - Switzerland: ACP countries addressing climate change together: GCCA Intra-ACP conference
- Wed 23 Apr - USA: On Mother Earth Day, UN urges protecting planet from ‘heavy hand of humankind’
- Wed 23 Apr - Fiji: Fiji stakeholders pleased with ginger export approval