MediaGlobal News Bureau Chief Nosh Nalavala interviewed Ambassador Marlene Moses, Permanent Representative of Nauru to the United Nations on the impact of climate change on small islands.
As the incoming Chief Trade Adviser (CTA) for Pacific Islands Countries, Dr Edwini Kessie has his job cut out for him. When he takes his leave from the Council and Trade Negotiations Committee Division of the World Trade Organisation in Geneva to join the Office of the CTA in Port ...
Pamela Cox, the World Bank’s new Vice President for East Asia and Pacific, visited Samoa recently and met with people affected by the 2009 tsunami, which had claimed 143 lives and left 5,000 homeless. It was her first visit to a Pacific country.
Xianbin Yao, the Asian Development Bank’s new Director General for the Pacific, recently visited the University of the South Pacific in Suva, Fiji, to sign an agreement under a US$19 million loan to upgrade regional campuses in Fiji, Kiribati, and Solomon Islands; and improve distance education and e-learning.
Dr Alfred Duda is the outgoing Senior Advisor on International Waters at the Global Environment Facility (GEF) Secretariattalks to SOPAC’s Tiy Chung about the Pacific IWRM project and his hopes for the future of the region.
If there is something Dr Jimmie Rodgers -- the longest serving Director-General of the Secretariat of the Pacific Community (SPC) -- wants to see as the organisation celebrates its 65th birthday this year, it’s for the 22 Pacific Islands member countries to really use the SPC to their advantage.
- Wed 12 Mar - Italy: UN expert calls for bridging gap between urban consumers and local food producers
- Wed 12 Mar - Tonga: National Human Rights Consultation a first for Tonga
- Wed 12 Mar - Niue: Niue govt investigates salary increases for specialist fields
- Wed 12 Mar - Papua New Guinea: PNG Nasfund CEO: Contribution must be universal
- Wed 12 Mar - Fiji: Clock ticking for Fiji to ratify interim EPA
- Wed 12 Mar - Fiji: Fiji Police consider special election recruitment
- Wed 12 Mar - Australia: ‘Asylum standards top those of PNG’: Bishop
- Wed 12 Mar - Papua New Guinea: PNG Opposition react on Treasurer sacking
- Wed 12 Mar - Papua New Guinea: PNG Treasurer accept sacking by PM O'Neill
- Wed 12 Mar - Papua New Guinea: Kiribati public utitlity board to learn from Water PNG