BERLIN, Germany ---- United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon welcomed the findings of a long-awaited United Nations report on the mitigation of climate change released earlier today in Berlin and urged all countries “to act swiftly and boldly” to reach a “global, ambitious and legal [climate] agreement in 2015.”
BERLIN, Germany ----A United Nations report said on Sunday that governments must act faster to keep global warming in check and delays until 2030 could force them to use little-tested technologies to extract greenhouse gases from the air.
THE HAGE, Germany ----The United Nations International Court of Justice (ICJ) has ruled against Japan in a case involving charges by Australia that the country was using a scientific research programme to mask a commercial whaling venture in the Antarctic.
BREMERHAVEN, Germany --- Rising levels of carbon dioxide are harming all forms of marine life because the oceans are acidifying as they absorb the gas, German researchers found.
BREMERHAVEN, Germany --- New Zealand's diplomatic bid to create the world's largest marine sanctuary in the Ross Sea has hit problems with Russia questioning its legality.
POTSDAM ----Scientists have found a way to forecast El Nino weather events in the Pacific a year in advance, long enough to let farmers plant crops less vulnerable to global shifts in rainfall, a study showed on Monday.
BONN, Germany ---- Belgium, Germany, Norway, Switzerland and the USA have pledged nearly $200 million in climate adaptation investment to the world’s poorest countries.
BONN, Germany --– The United Nations climate change body said it has made concrete progress towards a new universal agreement on climate change during its latest round of talks which wrapped up in Germany.
BONN, Germany --- UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today issued a call to action for the world’s youth to tackle climate threats, stressing that young people are “agents of change” that bring fresh and innovative ideas to address “this most pressing issue.”
BONN, Germany --- Fiji's permanent secretary for foreign affairs, Amena Yauvoli has chaired the first meeting of the Group of 77 and China at the climate change intersessional negotiations , currently underway in Bonn, Germany.
BONN, Germany ---- The latest round of climate talks under the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), kicked off in Bonn on Monday, against a background of steeply rising global greenhouse gas emissions and a growing sense of urgency to take action to stave off the worst effects of ...
- Tue 22 Apr - USA: Ahead of Sendai conference, Ban pushes for 2015 global agreement on disaster risk
- Tue 22 Apr - Northern Mariana Islands: Two apply for Saipan casino license
- Tue 22 Apr - Northern Mariana Islands: Google Earth to visit Saipan next month
- Tue 22 Apr - Papua New Guinea: British think-tank calls on PNG to improve its forest governance by partnering with Europe
- Tue 22 Apr - Samoa: Samoa's former finance minister keeps UN as an option
- Tue 22 Apr - Fiji: National Candidate List by August 25
- Tue 22 Apr - Papua New Guinea: PNG, Indonesia set for border talks
- Tue 22 Apr - Indonesia: Indonesian foreign minister Marty Natalegawa expects Australia to sign off on deal to limit spying
- Tue 22 Apr - Cook Islands: Huge marine park in Cook Islands on track for 2015
- Wed 16 Apr - Australia: Asylum babies ‘must not be sent to PNG’