BERLIN, Germany ---- United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon welcomed the findings of a long-awaited United Nations report on the mitigation of climate change released earlier today in Berlin and urged all countries “to act swiftly and boldly” to reach a “global, ambitious and legal [climate] agreement in 2015.”
BERLIN, Germany ----A United Nations report said on Sunday that governments must act faster to keep global warming in check and delays until 2030 could force them to use little-tested technologies to extract greenhouse gases from the air.
THE HAGE, Germany ----The United Nations International Court of Justice (ICJ) has ruled against Japan in a case involving charges by Australia that the country was using a scientific research programme to mask a commercial whaling venture in the Antarctic.
BREMERHAVEN, Germany --- Rising levels of carbon dioxide are harming all forms of marine life because the oceans are acidifying as they absorb the gas, German researchers found.
BREMERHAVEN, Germany --- New Zealand's diplomatic bid to create the world's largest marine sanctuary in the Ross Sea has hit problems with Russia questioning its legality.
POTSDAM ----Scientists have found a way to forecast El Nino weather events in the Pacific a year in advance, long enough to let farmers plant crops less vulnerable to global shifts in rainfall, a study showed on Monday.
BONN, Germany ---- Belgium, Germany, Norway, Switzerland and the USA have pledged nearly $200 million in climate adaptation investment to the world’s poorest countries.
BONN, Germany --– The United Nations climate change body said it has made concrete progress towards a new universal agreement on climate change during its latest round of talks which wrapped up in Germany.
BONN, Germany --- UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon today issued a call to action for the world’s youth to tackle climate threats, stressing that young people are “agents of change” that bring fresh and innovative ideas to address “this most pressing issue.”
BONN, Germany --- Fiji's permanent secretary for foreign affairs, Amena Yauvoli has chaired the first meeting of the Group of 77 and China at the climate change intersessional negotiations , currently underway in Bonn, Germany.
BONN, Germany ---- The latest round of climate talks under the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), kicked off in Bonn on Monday, against a background of steeply rising global greenhouse gas emissions and a growing sense of urgency to take action to stave off the worst effects of ...
- Wed 16 Apr - Australia: Asylum babies ‘must not be sent to PNG’
- Wed 16 Apr - Fiji: Fiji Airways codeshares with Etihad Airways
- Wed 16 Apr - Fiji: WHO & ONOC Join Efforts to Motivate Physical Activity
- Wed 16 Apr - United Kingdom: Pressure Mounts as Deadline for EU-Africa Trade Talks Looms
- Wed 16 Apr - France: ACP Sugar group teams up with CIRAD research centre on agriculture, development activities
- Wed 16 Apr - New Caledonia: Lack of access to data frustrates scientists
- Wed 16 Apr - Fiji: Fiji Airways and Etihad Airways sign groundbreaking interline agreement
- Wed 16 Apr - Papua New Guinea: Bank South Pacific aims to expand
- Wed 16 Apr - New Zealand: Important work for new Pacific Advisory Group - NZ First
- Wed 16 Apr - USA: U.S Army's presence in Pacific won't diminish