Last December, the United Nations General Assembly addressed France’s nuclear legacy in French Polynesia in its annual statement on decolonisation.
PARIS, France --- After several years of legal uncertainty French Polynesia has finally adopted new law and regulation to expressly recognize industrial property titles issued by the French Industrial Property Office (the INPI).
PARIS, France --- The French president has praised Wallis and Futuna as a territory which he says allows France to shine in the beautiful Pacific environment.
Wed 07 Aug 2013 -
PARIS, France ---- French nuclear tests in the South Pacific in the 1960s and 1970s were far more toxic than has been previously acknowledged and hit a vast swath of Polynesia with radioactive fallout, according to newly declassified Ministry of Defence documents which have angered veterans and civilians' groups.
PARIS, France ---- The French overseas territories minister, Victorin Lurel has given a policy speech, saying each of the territories plays a particular role for France’s strategic interests.
Statement made by the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs Spokesperson on resolution adopted by the UN General Assembly on Fren
PARIS, France --- The resolution adopted today (Friday) by the United Nations (UN) General Assembly on French Polynesia ignores the democratic choice made by the Polynesians and goes against the objectives of the UN.
PARIS, France --- Vijay Singh has been cleared of doping by the PGA Tour despite admitting using a banned substance.
PARIS, France ---It is possible to help make basic education universal by 2015, despite a global funding gap which increased to US$26 billion from US$16 billion during the past three years, according to new figures released today by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
Fri 01 Mar 2013 -
LYON, France----- International criminal police organisation Interpol has held its first ever meeting to address illegal fishing, in a bid to curtail the multi-billion dollar black market.
- Fri 07 Mar - Switzerland: UN health agency issues guidance on access to contraceptive information, services
- Fri 07 Mar - Australia: Australia's asylum-seeker obsession risks damaging PNG relations
- Fri 07 Mar - Papua New Guinea: Australian-funded charcoal project making life a little cleaner and easier for Papua New Guineans
- Fri 07 Mar - Cook Islands: Cook Islands chosen as Pristine location for Sports Illustrated 50th Anniversary swimsuit issue
- Fri 07 Mar - Fiji: Fiji awaits words from Timor Leste on Volunteer Scheme
- Fri 07 Mar - Australia: Nauru and PNG complain of Australian media coverage
- Fri 07 Mar - Papua New Guinea: Manus Island inquiry: PNG may not allow Australian probe on its soil
- Fri 07 Mar - Papua New Guinea: Lethal injection to be used in PNG capital punishment
- Thu 06 Mar - Fiji: Kalouniwai is Fiji's Military LandForce Commander
- Thu 06 Mar - Papua New Guinea: PNG on brink of IT revolution