It took almost a century for Tommie Seriate to open her first bank account. Prior to walking into a branch of Nationwide Microbank in May 2011, this 49-year-old subsistence farmer from the rural Eastern Highlands Province of Papua New Guinea kept her earnings buried in the ashes of the fireplace ...
Expect new money (new credit) into Fiji’s financial system when the new commercial French owned Bred Bank begins operation in Fiji in September. Also expect the lowering of interest rates.
It’s been 19 years since former police and quarantine officer Frederick C. Ngeskabei retired, that’s why he was shocked and frustrated to receive on May 2012 a letter from the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI) Retirement Fund saying he has to pay back $225,000 in alleged overpayment since ...
- Tue 10 Dec - Papua New Guinea: PNG MP Tiensten penalty deferred to next year
- Tue 10 Dec - Fiji: 21 Centrury challenge for women in Fiji : Report
- Tue 10 Dec - Tonga: Tonga’s Ha'apai group experiences drought
- Mon 09 Dec - Australia: Rice growers face loss of $80m PNG market
- Mon 09 Dec - Papua New Guinea: Oil Search may extend PNG reach