Interception of communication through such means as the tapping of telephones lines will soon be legalised in Fiji as part of national effort to combat money laundering and anti-terrorism financing.
It took almost a century for Tommie Seriate to open her first bank account. Prior to walking into a branch of Nationwide Microbank in May 2011, this 49-year-old subsistence farmer from the rural Eastern Highlands Province of Papua New Guinea kept her earnings buried in the ashes of the fireplace ...
Expect new money (new credit) into Fiji’s financial system when the new commercial French owned Bred Bank begins operation in Fiji in September. Also expect the lowering of interest rates.
It’s been 19 years since former police and quarantine officer Frederick C. Ngeskabei retired, that’s why he was shocked and frustrated to receive on May 2012 a letter from the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI) Retirement Fund saying he has to pay back $225,000 in alleged overpayment since ...
- Tue 16 Dec - Fiji: Fiji Opposition warns that not Pacific country immune from terrorism
- Tue 16 Dec - Australia: Martin Place, Sydney siege over, gunman identified as Man Haron Monis
- • Tue 09 Dec - Islands Business Exclusive: Pacific Sport: The best of 2014
- • Tue 09 Dec - Islands Business Exclusive: Expelled Australian diplomat given 48 hours to leave Fiji
- • Fri 05 Dec - 11th Session of the WCPFC, Apia: WCPFC chair makes early exist
- Fri 05 Dec - Fiji: Tuvalu PM praises Fijian teachers
- Fri 05 Dec - Tonga: Lord Vaea set to be nominated as Tongan Prime Minister
- • Fri 05 Dec - 11th Session of the WCPFC, Apia: WCPFC Apia Meeting Shut Down
- Fri 05 Dec - Solomon Islands: Who will be the new PM of Solomon Islands?
- • Thu 04 Dec - 11th Session of the WCPFC, Apia: Fiji joins body on Pacific Bluefin tuna fishery