Three names have been put forward to replace Fiji School of Medicine-educated Dr Jimmie Rodgers as the director-general of the biggest regional organisation, the Secretariat of Pacific Community (SPC). The three according to ranking by a recruitment committee of the Committee of Representatives of Governments and Administrations (CRGA) are:
Fiji’s response to the Pacific Islands Forum—the Pacific Islands Development Forum (PIDF)—is here to stay if it continues to stay relevant to the needs of Fiji and other islands in the region says Ambassador Kaliopate Tavola, who was Foreign Minister in Laisenia Qarase’s Government.
• Customer-centric • Pro jobs for locals • Promotes whistle-blowing among employees
Forty years after Independence, Fiji is still having a tough time with social order. The powers that be are hoping that this time, the roots of discord that have plagued this nation for years – both real and imagined – would be weeded out once and for all. They believe ...
Fiji is reviewing its fisheries laws. To-date, there are two new decrees: the Offshore Fisheries Management Decree, which was officially passed in January 2013, and the Aquaculture Decree, which is expected to be promulgated by the beginning of 2014.
An extreme makeover is what the Methodist Church can expect under a new regime led by President Reverend Tuikilakila Waqairatu.
Money, they say, is the root of all evil. For something ever so elusive and always changing hands, the power it has on many is as baffling as it is curious. A little overboard, the obsession can and has turned many ordinary people into criminals.
More coastal villages may have to relocate due to eroding shorelines and coastal flooding
- Thu 05 Dec - Fiji: Fiji Strengthens Ties with Central Asia
- Thu 05 Dec - USA: ‘Mixed picture’ of women’s progress shows need to better harness synergies – UN official
- Thu 05 Dec - Korea: UN-backed green fund hailed as ‘milestone’ in global effort to tackle climate change
- Thu 05 Dec - Fiji: Furthering commitments to nature: Palau and IUCN team up
- Thu 05 Dec - American Samoa: American Samoa Govt may ban fishing of sea cucumber