Three names have been put forward to replace Fiji School of Medicine-educated Dr Jimmie Rodgers as the director-general of the biggest regional organisation, the Secretariat of Pacific Community (SPC). The three according to ranking by a recruitment committee of the Committee of Representatives of Governments and Administrations (CRGA) are:
Fiji Business Cover story
• Customer-centric • Pro jobs for locals • Promotes whistle-blowing among employees
An extreme makeover is what the Methodist Church can expect under a new regime led by President Reverend Tuikilakila Waqairatu.
Money, they say, is the root of all evil. For something ever so elusive and always changing hands, the power it has on many is as baffling as it is curious. A little overboard, the obsession can and has turned many ordinary people into criminals.
A pioneering health survey of Fijian schoolchildren aged between 13 and 15 years has revealed some disturbing trends in their behaviour, among them a tendency to commit suicide at such tender age. Conducted in 2010, the findings of the Global School-based Student Health Survey (GSHS) for Fiji was only launched ...
Fashion, a popular culture rooted in delicate finesse superimposed upon a fast-changing world of what’s old and new, may historically have had so little to do with Fiji’s textile industry, but times have significantly changed. There is all likelihood now the two industries will converge at some point soon, now ...
- Wed 11 Dec - USA: man Rights Day: UN pays tribute to activists, landmark Vienna Declaration
- Wed 11 Dec - Fiji: The right to plan
- Wed 11 Dec - New Caledonia: Youth Employment Advocacy Initiative launched at the Second Pacific Youth and Sports Conference
- Wed 11 Dec - Fiji: SPC Facilitates Fiji Sugar Stakeholders Meeting
- Wed 11 Dec - New Zealand: Human interference real threat to Pacific atolls