A tiny hip hop sensation with Samoan roots is capturing hearts in Australia. And soon the world would know him too.
An award winning Samoan feature film has put Pacific culture on the world map.
The opera world is scrambling for superlatives to explain how two of the genre’s hottest young properties have come not just from the same country, but also the same family—a migrant Pacific islands family from south Auckland to be precise.
A new filmmaking challenge aimed at transforming the Cook Islands into a Pacific version of Hollywood and creating employment and training opportunities for locals, seems ambitious. But the brainchild behind it, is confident he can deliver.
- Wed 16 Apr - Australia: Asylum babies ‘must not be sent to PNG’
- Wed 16 Apr - Fiji: Fiji Airways codeshares with Etihad Airways
- Tue 15 Apr - Fiji: Agroforestry demo site excites Fiji’s Minister for Primary Industries
- Tue 15 Apr - We Say: Pacific health a priority
- Mon 14 Apr - USA: In Washington, UN Chief urges world leaders to work towards climate action
- Mon 14 Apr - Papua New Guinea: Horizon Oil's PNG project cleared
- Mon 14 Apr - Fiji: NZ offers Fiji 10 postgrad scholarships
- Mon 14 Apr - Australia: Japanese whalers plan new Antarctic hunt
- Mon 14 Apr - Fiji: EU await formal PACP meet proposal
- Mon 14 Apr - Papua New Guinea: Quake kills 1 in Bougainville