A tiny hip hop sensation with Samoan roots is capturing hearts in Australia. And soon the world would know him too.
An award winning Samoan feature film has put Pacific culture on the world map.
The opera world is scrambling for superlatives to explain how two of the genre’s hottest young properties have come not just from the same country, but also the same family—a migrant Pacific islands family from south Auckland to be precise.
A new filmmaking challenge aimed at transforming the Cook Islands into a Pacific version of Hollywood and creating employment and training opportunities for locals, seems ambitious. But the brainchild behind it, is confident he can deliver.
- Tue 16 Sep - Fiji: 284 Police officers on standby, 389 deployed for Fiji election
- Mon 15 Sep - Fiji: Ballot rush
- Mon 15 Sep - 2014 Fiji Election Update: WHERE HAVE WE BEEN?
- Mon 15 Sep - Bangladesh: Report: Qatar paid $20 million ransom for Fijians' release
- Mon 15 Sep - Samoa: ILO applauds the work of Samoan Government in hosting S.I.D.S
- Mon 15 Sep - Belgium: Eminent Persons Group brief ACP Ambassadors to the WTO on initial findings of 18-month review
- Mon 15 Sep - Belgium: New leadership for ACP Committee of Ambassadors
- Mon 15 Sep - Papua New Guinea: Talks on PNG Power will involve all parties: PM O’Neill
- Mon 15 Sep - Papua New Guinea: Namah takes on PNG law on asylum
- Mon 15 Sep - Vanuatu: Queensland woman reclaims Vanuatu citizenship on behalf of 'blackbirded' great-grandparents