A tiny hip hop sensation with Samoan roots is capturing hearts in Australia. And soon the world would know him too.
An award winning Samoan feature film has put Pacific culture on the world map.
The opera world is scrambling for superlatives to explain how two of the genre’s hottest young properties have come not just from the same country, but also the same family—a migrant Pacific islands family from south Auckland to be precise.
A new filmmaking challenge aimed at transforming the Cook Islands into a Pacific version of Hollywood and creating employment and training opportunities for locals, seems ambitious. But the brainchild behind it, is confident he can deliver.
- Tue 16 Dec - Fiji: Fiji Opposition warns that not Pacific country immune from terrorism
- Tue 16 Dec - Australia: Martin Place, Sydney siege over, gunman identified as Man Haron Monis
- • Tue 09 Dec - Islands Business Exclusive: Pacific Sport: The best of 2014
- • Tue 09 Dec - Islands Business Exclusive: Expelled Australian diplomat given 48 hours to leave Fiji
- • Fri 05 Dec - 11th Session of the WCPFC, Apia: WCPFC chair makes early exist
- Fri 05 Dec - Fiji: Tuvalu PM praises Fijian teachers
- Fri 05 Dec - Tonga: Lord Vaea set to be nominated as Tongan Prime Minister
- • Fri 05 Dec - 11th Session of the WCPFC, Apia: WCPFC Apia Meeting Shut Down
- Fri 05 Dec - Solomon Islands: Who will be the new PM of Solomon Islands?
- • Thu 04 Dec - 11th Session of the WCPFC, Apia: Fiji joins body on Pacific Bluefin tuna fishery