A tiny hip hop sensation with Samoan roots is capturing hearts in Australia. And soon the world would know him too.
An award winning Samoan feature film has put Pacific culture on the world map.
The opera world is scrambling for superlatives to explain how two of the genre’s hottest young properties have come not just from the same country, but also the same family—a migrant Pacific islands family from south Auckland to be precise.
A new filmmaking challenge aimed at transforming the Cook Islands into a Pacific version of Hollywood and creating employment and training opportunities for locals, seems ambitious. But the brainchild behind it, is confident he can deliver.
- Fri 31 Oct - Tonga: Twenty Fourth Council of Ministers of Tourism Meeting - Communique
- Fri 31 Oct - Fiji: Additional EU funds to contribute to the sustainable use of marineresources in the Pacific
- Fri 31 Oct - Fiji: Fiji attracts old friends as China’s clout grows
- Fri 31 Oct - Fiji: Business Forum focuses on trade relations between Australia and Fiji
- Fri 31 Oct - Tonga: SPTO to empower Pacific islanders to take their tourism products up another level
- Fri 31 Oct - USA: World Bank Board approves second US$5 Million operation for Tonga
- Fri 31 Oct - Papua New Guinea: Highway opposed : Papua Separatist leader
- Fri 31 Oct - Fiji: UNHCR regional representative presents credentials to Fijian foreign minister
- Fri 31 Oct - USA: FBI: Boy missing from Seattle found in Niue
- Fri 31 Oct - Papua New Guinea: PNG govt sets up emergency Ebola plan