A tiny hip hop sensation with Samoan roots is capturing hearts in Australia. And soon the world would know him too.
An award winning Samoan feature film has put Pacific culture on the world map.
The opera world is scrambling for superlatives to explain how two of the genre’s hottest young properties have come not just from the same country, but also the same family—a migrant Pacific islands family from south Auckland to be precise.
A new filmmaking challenge aimed at transforming the Cook Islands into a Pacific version of Hollywood and creating employment and training opportunities for locals, seems ambitious. But the brainchild behind it, is confident he can deliver.
- Mon 26 Jan - Switzerland: UN Women launches next phase in ‘HeForShe’ campaign at Davos Forum
- Mon 26 Jan - Samoa: Managing Mercury Waste a Growing Priority in the Pacific islands region
- Mon 26 Jan - Switzerland: In Davos, Ban urges global action in 2015 on development, gender equality, climate change
- Mon 26 Jan - Northern Mariana Islands: 2015 tourism summit one of the best so far, says organizer
- Mon 26 Jan - Fiji: SPTO to host tourism expo in Melbourne
- Mon 26 Jan - Tuvalu: Swire Pacific Ship Management Ltd is ready to employ Tuvaluan seafarers
- Mon 26 Jan - Vanuatu: Fijian Foreign Affairs Minister attend MSG Foreign Ministers’ meeting
- Mon 26 Jan - Tonga: Noble's sentencing adjourned to 05 February
- Mon 26 Jan - Federated States of Micronesia: FSM’s Mori meets Forum SG, Dame Taylor
- Mon 26 Jan - Tonga: Tongan Speaker surrenders right to appoint chairman of Parliamentary committees