A tiny hip hop sensation with Samoan roots is capturing hearts in Australia. And soon the world would know him too.
An award winning Samoan feature film has put Pacific culture on the world map.
The opera world is scrambling for superlatives to explain how two of the genre’s hottest young properties have come not just from the same country, but also the same family—a migrant Pacific islands family from south Auckland to be precise.
A new filmmaking challenge aimed at transforming the Cook Islands into a Pacific version of Hollywood and creating employment and training opportunities for locals, seems ambitious. But the brainchild behind it, is confident he can deliver.
- Wed 04 Dec - Australia: Palau seeks ban on shark line
- Wed 04 Dec - Australia: PNA wants more fairness, accountability
- Wed 04 Dec - Fiji: Tonga opposition backs push for China to turn huge loan to grant
- Wed 04 Dec - Solomon Islands: Community leaders in Solomon Islands call for legislation to prevent families from marrying off young girls to loggers
- Wed 04 Dec - Australia: ASIO raided office of lawyer representing East Timor in spying case