A tiny hip hop sensation with Samoan roots is capturing hearts in Australia. And soon the world would know him too.
An award winning Samoan feature film has put Pacific culture on the world map.
The opera world is scrambling for superlatives to explain how two of the genre’s hottest young properties have come not just from the same country, but also the same family—a migrant Pacific islands family from south Auckland to be precise.
A new filmmaking challenge aimed at transforming the Cook Islands into a Pacific version of Hollywood and creating employment and training opportunities for locals, seems ambitious. But the brainchild behind it, is confident he can deliver.
- Thu 24 Apr - Kiribati: Kiribati receives new diplomat to look after New Zealand High Commission
- Thu 24 Apr - Fiji: NZ urged to tread carefully over new ambassador role
- Thu 24 Apr - Papua New Guinea: WHO slams PNG National Doctors Association
- Thu 24 Apr - Fiji: You must register to vote: Fiji Elections Office
- Thu 24 Apr - Papua New Guinea: K5 million needed for Cyclone recovery in PNG
- Thu 24 Apr - Australia: Dry weather predicted across western Pacific as El Nino cycle set to return early
- Thu 24 Apr - Fiji: Teenage pregnancies in the Pacific still cause for concern, says United Nations
- Wed 23 Apr - Switzerland: ACP countries addressing climate change together: GCCA Intra-ACP conference
- Wed 23 Apr - USA: On Mother Earth Day, UN urges protecting planet from ‘heavy hand of humankind’
- Wed 23 Apr - Fiji: Fiji stakeholders pleased with ginger export approval