A tiny hip hop sensation with Samoan roots is capturing hearts in Australia. And soon the world would know him too.
An award winning Samoan feature film has put Pacific culture on the world map.
The opera world is scrambling for superlatives to explain how two of the genre’s hottest young properties have come not just from the same country, but also the same family—a migrant Pacific islands family from south Auckland to be precise.
A new filmmaking challenge aimed at transforming the Cook Islands into a Pacific version of Hollywood and creating employment and training opportunities for locals, seems ambitious. But the brainchild behind it, is confident he can deliver.
- • Fri 01 Aug - 45th Pacific Islands Forum: Cuba attends first post-Forum meeting
- Fri 01 Aug - 45th Pacific Islands Forum: Forum retreat discusses oceans, regionalism and new leadership
- Fri 01 Aug - Viewpoint: Pacific Islands Forum Meeting - of people and power
- Fri 01 Aug - 45th Pacific Islands Forum: Pacific Islands Forum Meeting - of people and power*
- Thu 31 Jul - 45th Pacific Islands Forum: Meg Taylor for Pacific Islands Forum SG
- Thu 31 Jul - Phillippines: PACER-Plus — boon or bane for Pacific island states?
- Thu 31 Jul - Palau: Climate change: The 'greatest threat' to the peoples of the Pacific
- Thu 31 Jul - Palau: O’Neill: PNG major player in Pacific
- Thu 31 Jul - USA: Japan's soldiers practice amphibious landing in Hawaii
- Thu 31 Jul - USA: PACOM chief: China spying on RIMPAC brings 'good news'