A tiny hip hop sensation with Samoan roots is capturing hearts in Australia. And soon the world would know him too.
An award winning Samoan feature film has put Pacific culture on the world map.
The opera world is scrambling for superlatives to explain how two of the genre’s hottest young properties have come not just from the same country, but also the same family—a migrant Pacific islands family from south Auckland to be precise.
A new filmmaking challenge aimed at transforming the Cook Islands into a Pacific version of Hollywood and creating employment and training opportunities for locals, seems ambitious. But the brainchild behind it, is confident he can deliver.
- Fri 22 Aug - French Polynesia: Tahiti's President Flosse charged with misuse of power
- Fri 22 Aug - Fiji: Death of suspect sparks Fiji Police inquiry
- Fri 22 Aug - Fiji: Fiji's National Federation Party objects against FijiFirst candidates
- Thu 21 Aug - French Polynesia: French Polynesia names candidates for Senate
- Thu 21 Aug - American Samoa: American Samoa needs funds for polls
- Thu 21 Aug - Fiji: Fiji's army needs to back out of government
- Thu 21 Aug - Fiji: U.S mulls over Fiji Election observers participation
- Thu 21 Aug - UNSIDS : Samoa’s leading recycler says there is money to be made in car tyres and plastic bottles if the country can recycle them on-isla
- Wed 20 Aug - Papua New Guinea: Suspects arrested over asylum seeker’s death in Manus
- Wed 20 Aug - Fiji: Fiji shooting involved Taiwanese boat