A tiny hip hop sensation with Samoan roots is capturing hearts in Australia. And soon the world would know him too.
An award winning Samoan feature film has put Pacific culture on the world map.
The opera world is scrambling for superlatives to explain how two of the genre’s hottest young properties have come not just from the same country, but also the same family—a migrant Pacific islands family from south Auckland to be precise.
A new filmmaking challenge aimed at transforming the Cook Islands into a Pacific version of Hollywood and creating employment and training opportunities for locals, seems ambitious. But the brainchild behind it, is confident he can deliver.
- Wed 12 Mar - Italy: UN expert calls for bridging gap between urban consumers and local food producers
- Wed 12 Mar - Tonga: National Human Rights Consultation a first for Tonga
- Wed 12 Mar - Niue: Niue govt investigates salary increases for specialist fields
- Wed 12 Mar - Papua New Guinea: PNG Nasfund CEO: Contribution must be universal
- Wed 12 Mar - Fiji: Clock ticking for Fiji to ratify interim EPA
- Wed 12 Mar - Fiji: Fiji Police consider special election recruitment
- Wed 12 Mar - Australia: ‘Asylum standards top those of PNG’: Bishop
- Wed 12 Mar - Papua New Guinea: PNG Opposition react on Treasurer sacking
- Wed 12 Mar - Papua New Guinea: PNG Treasurer accept sacking by PM O'Neill
- Wed 12 Mar - Papua New Guinea: Kiribati public utitlity board to learn from Water PNG