DILI, East Timor ---- Fiji's resident Ratu Epeli Nailatikau was presented with a crown by his Timor Leste counterpart His Excellency Taur Matan Ruak in the country's capital, Dili, last week.
LIQUICA, East Timor --- A special ceremony was held today to officially open the Liquica-Maubara section of road recently completed under the Road Network Development Sector Project, funded by a grant from the Asian Development Bank (ADB)
DILI, East Timor ---Timor-Leste, Asia-Pacific’s youngest country, today became the region’s first to launch a national campaign under the United Nations Zero Hunger Challenge, which seeks to ensure universal access to food in the face of looming threats such as climate change.
DILI, East Timor --- East Timor has launched proceedings against Australia in the International Court of Justice, demanding the return of documents seized by ASIO in a raid on a Canberra lawyer's office.
DILI, East Timor --- East Timor's Natural Resources Minister has claimed the Australian government sent four spies under the cover of an aid project to Dili in 2004, in order to bug negotiations for a crucial gas treaty.
THE HAGUE, Netherlands --- East Timor’s government will not be deterred in pressing its case to scrap an oil treaty worth billions of dollars over claims of spying by Australia, an international negotiator says.
DILI, EAST TIMOR ---- East Timor's prime minister says he is shocked by the Australian Government's decision to authorise raids on a lawyer and whistleblower who were set to provide evidence against Australia in The Hague.
DILI, East Timor ---– Senior officials with the Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Minister of Finance Emilia Pires today inaugurated a new Resident Mission as a sign of ADB’s ongoing commitment to the country’s development.
DILI, East Timor ---– Asian Development Bank (ADB) Deputy Director General of the Pacific Department Noriko Ogawa and Timor-Leste’s Finance Minister Emilia Pires has signed a US$50 million loan to upgrade the road linking Manatuto and Natarbora, part of a national plan to create a network of reliable, safe roads ...
DILI, East Timor --- In recognition of the Asian Development Bank’s (ADB) strong partnership with the Government of Timor-Leste and its expanding portfolio there, ADB’s Board of Directors have approved the establishment of a resident mission in Timor-Leste by renaming the current office from Special Office in Timor-Leste to the ...
DILI, East Timor --East Timor's government has made a new bid to resolve a dispute over the stalled Greater Sunrise gas project in the Timor Sea.
DILI, East Timor --- East Timor's foreign minister says a boatload of asylum seekers en route to Australia was not forcibly pushed away from his country in early July.
DILLI, East Timor ---- The final group of Australian Defence Force (ADF) members who'd been stationed in East Timor have returned to Australia.
- Thu 24 Apr - Kiribati: Kiribati receives new diplomat to look after New Zealand High Commission
- Thu 24 Apr - Fiji: NZ urged to tread carefully over new ambassador role
- Thu 24 Apr - Papua New Guinea: WHO slams PNG National Doctors Association
- Thu 24 Apr - Fiji: You must register to vote: Fiji Elections Office
- Thu 24 Apr - Papua New Guinea: K5 million needed for Cyclone recovery in PNG
- Thu 24 Apr - Australia: Dry weather predicted across western Pacific as El Nino cycle set to return early
- Thu 24 Apr - Fiji: Teenage pregnancies in the Pacific still cause for concern, says United Nations
- Wed 23 Apr - Switzerland: ACP countries addressing climate change together: GCCA Intra-ACP conference
- Wed 23 Apr - USA: On Mother Earth Day, UN urges protecting planet from ‘heavy hand of humankind’
- Wed 23 Apr - Fiji: Fiji stakeholders pleased with ginger export approval