Fiji university signs MOU with Kiribati Institute of Technology
TARAWA, Kiribati --- Fiji National University (FNU) has achieved yet another milestone with the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Kiribati Institute of Technology (KIT).
The MOU is the first that any Fijian tertiary institution has signed with a Kiribati counterpart.
FNU Vice Chancellor Dr Ganesh Chand and Kiribati Minister of Labour, Boutu Bateriki signed the documents in Suva recently.
Dr Chand said the signing was a significant step towards providing new educational opportunities for the people of Kiribati.
He said the partnership will provide FNU an ideal opportunity to learn on challenges and solutions relating to education access for people in the islands.
Dr Chand said FNU’s core value was service to the nation and the region.
KIT and FNU will establish a co-operative partnership for the purpose of promoting mutual understanding, leading to the strengthening of both institutions through identified development activities.
...or view more articles related to these topics:
...or try these related articles:
- Tue 16 Dec - Fiji: Fiji Opposition warns that not Pacific country immune from terrorism
- Tue 16 Dec - Australia: Martin Place, Sydney siege over, gunman identified as Man Haron Monis
- • Tue 09 Dec - Islands Business Exclusive: Pacific Sport: The best of 2014
- • Tue 09 Dec - Islands Business Exclusive: Expelled Australian diplomat given 48 hours to leave Fiji
- • Fri 05 Dec - 11th Session of the WCPFC, Apia: WCPFC chair makes early exist
- Fri 05 Dec - Fiji: Tuvalu PM praises Fijian teachers
- Fri 05 Dec - Tonga: Lord Vaea set to be nominated as Tongan Prime Minister
- • Fri 05 Dec - 11th Session of the WCPFC, Apia: WCPFC Apia Meeting Shut Down
- Fri 05 Dec - Solomon Islands: Who will be the new PM of Solomon Islands?
- • Thu 04 Dec - 11th Session of the WCPFC, Apia: Fiji joins body on Pacific Bluefin tuna fishery