Fiji university signs MOU with Kiribati Institute of Technology
TARAWA, Kiribati --- Fiji National University (FNU) has achieved yet another milestone with the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Kiribati Institute of Technology (KIT).
The MOU is the first that any Fijian tertiary institution has signed with a Kiribati counterpart.
FNU Vice Chancellor Dr Ganesh Chand and Kiribati Minister of Labour, Boutu Bateriki signed the documents in Suva recently.
Dr Chand said the signing was a significant step towards providing new educational opportunities for the people of Kiribati.
He said the partnership will provide FNU an ideal opportunity to learn on challenges and solutions relating to education access for people in the islands.
Dr Chand said FNU’s core value was service to the nation and the region.
KIT and FNU will establish a co-operative partnership for the purpose of promoting mutual understanding, leading to the strengthening of both institutions through identified development activities.
...or view more articles related to these topics:
...or try these related articles:
- Sun 21 Sep - 2014 Fiji Election Update: Vote verification in Fiji's elections enters day four
- Sat 20 Sep - 2014 Fiji Election Update: Fiji First Party gunning for huge win
- Sat 20 Sep - 2014 Fiji Election Update: Election Commission rejects parties’ irregularity complains
- Sat 20 Sep - 2014 Fiji Election Update: Fiji Election Result Update: 7am (fiji time)
- Thu 18 Sep - 2014 Fiji Election Update: Parties refuse to accept election defeat
- Thu 18 Sep - 2014 Fiji Election Update: International observers declare Fiji elections “credible”
- Thu 18 Sep - Papua New Guinea: Digicel receives approval
- Thu 18 Sep - Papua New Guinea: ANZ economist urges country to prepare for two risks
- Thu 18 Sep - Samoa: Bullets found in Samoan journalist bag during SIDS conference
- Thu 18 Sep - Solomon Islands: Solomons women flee domestic violence