Fiji university signs MOU with Kiribati Institute of Technology
TARAWA, Kiribati --- Fiji National University (FNU) has achieved yet another milestone with the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Kiribati Institute of Technology (KIT).
The MOU is the first that any Fijian tertiary institution has signed with a Kiribati counterpart.
FNU Vice Chancellor Dr Ganesh Chand and Kiribati Minister of Labour, Boutu Bateriki signed the documents in Suva recently.
Dr Chand said the signing was a significant step towards providing new educational opportunities for the people of Kiribati.
He said the partnership will provide FNU an ideal opportunity to learn on challenges and solutions relating to education access for people in the islands.
Dr Chand said FNU’s core value was service to the nation and the region.
KIT and FNU will establish a co-operative partnership for the purpose of promoting mutual understanding, leading to the strengthening of both institutions through identified development activities.
...or view more articles related to these topics:
...or try these related articles:
- Mon 04 May - Australia: Pacific Trade Adviser defends PACER Plus
- Tue 14 Apr - Fiji: DFAT support for NRL's Pacific Strategy
- Tue 14 Apr - Fiji: Bainimarama explains reasoning behind plans to “open up” Govt schools
- Mon 13 Apr - Fiji: More excerpts from MOG report:
- Mon 13 Apr - Fiji: NFP calls on Bainimarama to attend Forum Leaders Meeting
- Mon 13 Apr - Fiji: Some MOG Recommendations
- Mon 13 Apr - Fiji: Islands Business More MOG Recommendations
- Mon 13 Apr - Fiji: Fiji's 24 Elections report now published
- Thu 09 Apr - Rebuilding Vanuatu After TC Pam: How do you prepare for a monster storm?
- • Wed 08 Apr - Rebuilding Vanuatu After TC Pam: How do you prepare for a monster storm?