Fiji university signs MOU with Kiribati Institute of Technology
TARAWA, Kiribati --- Fiji National University (FNU) has achieved yet another milestone with the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Kiribati Institute of Technology (KIT).
The MOU is the first that any Fijian tertiary institution has signed with a Kiribati counterpart.
FNU Vice Chancellor Dr Ganesh Chand and Kiribati Minister of Labour, Boutu Bateriki signed the documents in Suva recently.
Dr Chand said the signing was a significant step towards providing new educational opportunities for the people of Kiribati.
He said the partnership will provide FNU an ideal opportunity to learn on challenges and solutions relating to education access for people in the islands.
Dr Chand said FNU’s core value was service to the nation and the region.
KIT and FNU will establish a co-operative partnership for the purpose of promoting mutual understanding, leading to the strengthening of both institutions through identified development activities.
...or view more articles related to these topics:
...or try these related articles:
- Thu 24 Jul - Fiji: FULTON HOGAN PROMOTES SAFETY WITH POLICE
- Thu 24 Jul - Scotland: Commonwealth Sports Ministers call for recognition of sport in post-2015 agenda
- Thu 24 Jul - Belgium: ACP regions to give nominations for Secretariat's top-level posts
- Thu 24 Jul - Federated States of Micronesia: Chuuk needs close to 100 teachers
- Thu 24 Jul - Fiji: Stakeholders in Fiji meet to validate national trade policy framework
- Thu 24 Jul - Australia: Australian aid and trade watchdogs denounce Pacific Free Trade Agreement
- Thu 24 Jul - Taiwan: 47 dead as plane crashes in stormy weather in Taiwan
- Thu 24 Jul - Fiji: Fijian foreign Affairs Minister meets PNG Special Parliamentary Committee
- Thu 24 Jul - Fiji: Fijian PM send congratulatory message to New Caledonian President
- Thu 24 Jul - Samoa: Samoa on health alert over suspected dengue fever outbreak