Fiji university signs MOU with Kiribati Institute of Technology
TARAWA, Kiribati --- Fiji National University (FNU) has achieved yet another milestone with the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Kiribati Institute of Technology (KIT).
The MOU is the first that any Fijian tertiary institution has signed with a Kiribati counterpart.
FNU Vice Chancellor Dr Ganesh Chand and Kiribati Minister of Labour, Boutu Bateriki signed the documents in Suva recently.
Dr Chand said the signing was a significant step towards providing new educational opportunities for the people of Kiribati.
He said the partnership will provide FNU an ideal opportunity to learn on challenges and solutions relating to education access for people in the islands.
Dr Chand said FNU’s core value was service to the nation and the region.
KIT and FNU will establish a co-operative partnership for the purpose of promoting mutual understanding, leading to the strengthening of both institutions through identified development activities.
...or view more articles related to these topics:
...or try these related articles:
- • Wed 30 Jul - 45th Pacific Islands Forum: [EXCLUSIVE] RAMSI under the microscope
- Wed 30 Jul - Samoa: Emergency Shelter and Evacuation Centre Training for Samoa
- Wed 30 Jul - Palau: Opinion: Key's absence felt at Pacific Islands Forum
- Wed 30 Jul - Palau: Forum Secretary General Calls for New and Innovative Ways to Address SIS Vulnerabilities
- Wed 30 Jul - Vanuatu: Pacific Aviation Safety Organisation may leave Vanuatu over unpaid fees
- Wed 30 Jul - Japan: 115 whales killed as Japan wraps up Pacific hunt
- Wed 30 Jul - Papua New Guinea: PNG Finance Minister seeks injunction against arrest
- Wed 30 Jul - Vanuatu: Vanuatu's PM reflects on country's independence
- Wed 30 Jul - Fiji: Fiji Election Office releases provisional list of voters, 570,000 plus egistered for election
- Wed 30 Jul - Palau: Forum leaders to tackle fishery disparity