KOICA-sponsored Project to Fight Against Tuberculosis in Fiji
SUVA, Fiji---- Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) and the Korean NGO, ‘World Zero Tuberculosis (TB) Movement’ will implement the project on the capacity building of TB control services in the Northern division of Fiji, in collaboration with the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Fiji and World Health Organisation-South Pacific Office.
World Zero Tuberculosis Movement was established in 2004 and aims to prevent and treat tuberculosis, one of the main causes of death in developing countries.
The whole project, estimated to be FJD 235,000, will be jointly funded by World Zero Tuberculosis (TB) Movement and Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA).
This health project will be carried out for a year from Feb 2013 in the Northern division, specifically targeting Rabi Island and Savusavu, known to have a higher rate of TB compared to the rest part of Fiji.
A team of three specialists, Dr. Dal-sun Han, Dr. Sang-Jae Kim and Kang Mi-Kyoung, are currently visiting Fiji to discuss details of the project which include the following:
Public TB awareness programme
Providing medical service for TB patients
Training 60 Fijian medical staffs twice over the project period
Developing TB manual for checkups and treatments
They had a meeting with Dr. Neil Sharma, the Minister for Health of the Republic of Fiji and paid a call to the Korean Embassy on 26 February.
...or view more articles related to these topics:
...or try these related articles:
- Fri 29 Aug - UNSIDS : Protect our oceans, urges Samoa minister
- Fri 29 Aug - UNSIDS : Pacific Resilience – Strategy for Climate and Disaster Resilient Development in the Pacific (SRDP)
- Fri 29 Aug - USA: From Tuvalu to Kiribati, the outlook for Pacific island states is perilous
- Fri 29 Aug - Samoa: Blue Ocean Film Festival Presented to the People of Samoa by the United Nations
- Fri 29 Aug - Samoa: Student sews for Samoa
- Fri 29 Aug - Solomon Islands: Child labour,trafficking is common in Pacific
- Fri 29 Aug - Solomon Islands: Pacific Islands operation catches three vessels suspected of IUU
- Fri 29 Aug - Papua New Guinea: PNG PM queried over Air Niugini catering using Fijian Made Water
- Fri 29 Aug - Samoa: Samoa's Head of State to address ‘Future Leaders of the Pacific’ conference
- Fri 29 Aug - USA: Feds give 20 species of colorful coral in Atlantic and Pacific protection as threatened