Fijian PM pays tribute to former Israel Prime Minister
SUVA, Fiji ---- Fiji as a friend of Israel remembers the lasting legacy of the late Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon in his role as a military and political leaders, says Prime Minister Voreqe Bainimarama.
In a condolence message to his Israeli counterpart, Benjamin Netanyahu, the Fijian Prime Minister said the late leader will be remembered as someone who placed the security of his nation above all.
Prime Minister Bainimarama said the passing away of Sharon is a great loss to Israel as much as it would be to nations eager to pursue “innovative solutions that are relevant to their own unique contexts”.
He said Fijians send their warmest thoughts and prayers to the Prime Minister and the people of Israel during this period as they celebrate the life of such a leader and the heritage that his footprints leave behind.
Prime Minister Sharon passed away on January 11, 2014.
...or view more articles related to these topics:
...or try these related articles:
- Tue 16 Dec - Fiji: Fiji Opposition warns that not Pacific country immune from terrorism
- Tue 16 Dec - Australia: Martin Place, Sydney siege over, gunman identified as Man Haron Monis
- • Tue 09 Dec - Islands Business Exclusive: Pacific Sport: The best of 2014
- • Tue 09 Dec - Islands Business Exclusive: Expelled Australian diplomat given 48 hours to leave Fiji
- • Fri 05 Dec - 11th Session of the WCPFC, Apia: WCPFC chair makes early exist
- Fri 05 Dec - Fiji: Tuvalu PM praises Fijian teachers
- Fri 05 Dec - Tonga: Lord Vaea set to be nominated as Tongan Prime Minister
- • Fri 05 Dec - 11th Session of the WCPFC, Apia: WCPFC Apia Meeting Shut Down
- Fri 05 Dec - Solomon Islands: Who will be the new PM of Solomon Islands?
- • Thu 04 Dec - 11th Session of the WCPFC, Apia: Fiji joins body on Pacific Bluefin tuna fishery