Fijian PM pays tribute to former Israel Prime Minister
SUVA, Fiji ---- Fiji as a friend of Israel remembers the lasting legacy of the late Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon in his role as a military and political leaders, says Prime Minister Voreqe Bainimarama.
In a condolence message to his Israeli counterpart, Benjamin Netanyahu, the Fijian Prime Minister said the late leader will be remembered as someone who placed the security of his nation above all.
Prime Minister Bainimarama said the passing away of Sharon is a great loss to Israel as much as it would be to nations eager to pursue “innovative solutions that are relevant to their own unique contexts”.
He said Fijians send their warmest thoughts and prayers to the Prime Minister and the people of Israel during this period as they celebrate the life of such a leader and the heritage that his footprints leave behind.
Prime Minister Sharon passed away on January 11, 2014.
...or view more articles related to these topics:
...or try these related articles:
- Fri 31 Oct - Tonga: Twenty Fourth Council of Ministers of Tourism Meeting - Communique
- Fri 31 Oct - Fiji: Additional EU funds to contribute to the sustainable use of marineresources in the Pacific
- Fri 31 Oct - Fiji: Fiji attracts old friends as China’s clout grows
- Fri 31 Oct - Fiji: Business Forum focuses on trade relations between Australia and Fiji
- Fri 31 Oct - Tonga: SPTO to empower Pacific islanders to take their tourism products up another level
- Fri 31 Oct - USA: World Bank Board approves second US$5 Million operation for Tonga
- Fri 31 Oct - Papua New Guinea: Highway opposed : Papua Separatist leader
- Fri 31 Oct - Fiji: UNHCR regional representative presents credentials to Fijian foreign minister
- Fri 31 Oct - USA: FBI: Boy missing from Seattle found in Niue
- Fri 31 Oct - Papua New Guinea: PNG govt sets up emergency Ebola plan