Fijian PM pays tribute to former Israel Prime Minister
SUVA, Fiji ---- Fiji as a friend of Israel remembers the lasting legacy of the late Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon in his role as a military and political leaders, says Prime Minister Voreqe Bainimarama.
In a condolence message to his Israeli counterpart, Benjamin Netanyahu, the Fijian Prime Minister said the late leader will be remembered as someone who placed the security of his nation above all.
Prime Minister Bainimarama said the passing away of Sharon is a great loss to Israel as much as it would be to nations eager to pursue “innovative solutions that are relevant to their own unique contexts”.
He said Fijians send their warmest thoughts and prayers to the Prime Minister and the people of Israel during this period as they celebrate the life of such a leader and the heritage that his footprints leave behind.
Prime Minister Sharon passed away on January 11, 2014.
...or view more articles related to these topics:
...or try these related articles:
- Thu 27 Nov - Australia: Australian support for France’s nuclear force
- Mon 24 Nov - Italy: UN conference generates renewed global momentum to eradicate malnutrition
- Mon 24 Nov - Fiji: MSG Trade Agreement under review November
- Mon 24 Nov - New Zealand: 30 Fijians to work in NZ under seasonal scheme
- Mon 24 Nov - Fiji: Stand by big brothers: PNG foreign minister Pato
- Mon 24 Nov - Solomon Islands: $10m of AusAID funds stolen in Solomon Islands
- Mon 24 Nov - Vanuatu: Vanuatu PM in court bid to stop no confidence motions
- Mon 24 Nov - Papua New Guinea: PNG welcomes Fiji back in the PIF
- Mon 24 Nov - Fiji: Chinese President’s visit is “unprecedented” says an academic
- Mon 24 Nov - Fiji: Fiji’s 39 years of deepened relations with China bears fruit