Fijian PM pays tribute to former Israel Prime Minister
SUVA, Fiji ---- Fiji as a friend of Israel remembers the lasting legacy of the late Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon in his role as a military and political leaders, says Prime Minister Voreqe Bainimarama.
In a condolence message to his Israeli counterpart, Benjamin Netanyahu, the Fijian Prime Minister said the late leader will be remembered as someone who placed the security of his nation above all.
Prime Minister Bainimarama said the passing away of Sharon is a great loss to Israel as much as it would be to nations eager to pursue “innovative solutions that are relevant to their own unique contexts”.
He said Fijians send their warmest thoughts and prayers to the Prime Minister and the people of Israel during this period as they celebrate the life of such a leader and the heritage that his footprints leave behind.
Prime Minister Sharon passed away on January 11, 2014.
...or view more articles related to these topics:
...or try these related articles:
- Mon 04 May - Australia: Pacific Trade Adviser defends PACER Plus
- Tue 14 Apr - Fiji: DFAT support for NRL's Pacific Strategy
- Tue 14 Apr - Fiji: Bainimarama explains reasoning behind plans to “open up” Govt schools
- Mon 13 Apr - Fiji: More excerpts from MOG report:
- Mon 13 Apr - Fiji: NFP calls on Bainimarama to attend Forum Leaders Meeting
- Mon 13 Apr - Fiji: Some MOG Recommendations
- Mon 13 Apr - Fiji: Islands Business More MOG Recommendations
- Mon 13 Apr - Fiji: Fiji's 24 Elections report now published
- Thu 09 Apr - Rebuilding Vanuatu After TC Pam: How do you prepare for a monster storm?
- • Wed 08 Apr - Rebuilding Vanuatu After TC Pam: How do you prepare for a monster storm?