Fijian PM pays tribute to former Israel Prime Minister
SUVA, Fiji ---- Fiji as a friend of Israel remembers the lasting legacy of the late Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon in his role as a military and political leaders, says Prime Minister Voreqe Bainimarama.
In a condolence message to his Israeli counterpart, Benjamin Netanyahu, the Fijian Prime Minister said the late leader will be remembered as someone who placed the security of his nation above all.
Prime Minister Bainimarama said the passing away of Sharon is a great loss to Israel as much as it would be to nations eager to pursue “innovative solutions that are relevant to their own unique contexts”.
He said Fijians send their warmest thoughts and prayers to the Prime Minister and the people of Israel during this period as they celebrate the life of such a leader and the heritage that his footprints leave behind.
Prime Minister Sharon passed away on January 11, 2014.
...or view more articles related to these topics:
...or try these related articles:
- Sat 20 Sep - 2014 Fiji Election Update: Fiji Election Result Update: 7am (fiji time)
- Thu 18 Sep - 2014 Fiji Election Update: Parties refuse to accept election defeat
- Thu 18 Sep - 2014 Fiji Election Update: International observers declare Fiji elections “credible”
- Thu 18 Sep - Papua New Guinea: Digicel receives approval
- Thu 18 Sep - Papua New Guinea: ANZ economist urges country to prepare for two risks
- Thu 18 Sep - Samoa: Bullets found in Samoan journalist bag during SIDS conference
- Thu 18 Sep - Solomon Islands: Solomons women flee domestic violence
- Thu 18 Sep - Vanuatu: Vanuatu presidential selection process continues
- Thu 18 Sep - Fiji: Frank Bainimarama’s Party poises for Fiji election win
- Thu 18 Sep - 2014 Fiji Election Update: Frank Bainimarama’s Party poises for Fiji election win