Fijian PM pays tribute to former Israel Prime Minister
SUVA, Fiji ---- Fiji as a friend of Israel remembers the lasting legacy of the late Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon in his role as a military and political leaders, says Prime Minister Voreqe Bainimarama.
In a condolence message to his Israeli counterpart, Benjamin Netanyahu, the Fijian Prime Minister said the late leader will be remembered as someone who placed the security of his nation above all.
Prime Minister Bainimarama said the passing away of Sharon is a great loss to Israel as much as it would be to nations eager to pursue “innovative solutions that are relevant to their own unique contexts”.
He said Fijians send their warmest thoughts and prayers to the Prime Minister and the people of Israel during this period as they celebrate the life of such a leader and the heritage that his footprints leave behind.
Prime Minister Sharon passed away on January 11, 2014.
...or view more articles related to these topics:
...or try these related articles:
- Fri 14 Nov - China: China to lift aid to Pacific, sees cooperation with Taiwan allies
- Fri 14 Nov - Australia: U.S and Kiribati sign historic cooperative arrangement to protect vital marine habitat in the Pacific
- Mon 10 Nov - French Polynesia: French justice minister defers Tahiti trip
- Mon 10 Nov - Cook Islands: Relief as Cook Islands budget is passed
- Mon 10 Nov - Fiji: Modi to hold mini summit in Fiji
- Tue 04 Nov - Fiji: Political will needed to revive ailing Fiji tuna industry
- Tue 04 Nov - Australia: Helping Pacific islanders eat more "greens"
- Tue 04 Nov - Fiji: PIDF invited to key regional meetings
- Tue 04 Nov - Guam: FSM leaders unveil post-Compact action plan
- Tue 04 Nov - Fiji: British reinstates military training for RFMF