Fiji’s Social Democratic Liberal Party to select interim board
SUVA, Fiji ---Fiji’s Social Democratic Liberal Party (SODELPA) will be meeting this Thursday to discuss the party constitution and select an interim board.
SODELPA general secretary Pio Tabaiwalu told FijiLive that an interim board will be selected to run party affairs before anything is finalised.
“We will be choosing a committee to be responsible for the selection of a new party leader,” Tabaiwalu said.
“We will also be looking at how our party will best operate given that it is new party and we look forward to all submissions that will be made by our supporters and members who will attend,” he said.
He said they will not be further deliberating on the draft constitution as they have already made submissions towards it.
“We only hope that government will include what we have made in our submissions in the new constitution.”
He is also calling on all SODELPA members and supporters to come and attend their meeting.
...or view more articles related to these topics:
...or try these related articles:
- Tue 16 Dec - Fiji: Fiji Opposition warns that not Pacific country immune from terrorism
- Tue 16 Dec - Australia: Martin Place, Sydney siege over, gunman identified as Man Haron Monis
- • Tue 09 Dec - Islands Business Exclusive: Pacific Sport: The best of 2014
- • Tue 09 Dec - Islands Business Exclusive: Expelled Australian diplomat given 48 hours to leave Fiji
- • Fri 05 Dec - 11th Session of the WCPFC, Apia: WCPFC chair makes early exist
- Fri 05 Dec - Fiji: Tuvalu PM praises Fijian teachers
- Fri 05 Dec - Tonga: Lord Vaea set to be nominated as Tongan Prime Minister
- • Fri 05 Dec - 11th Session of the WCPFC, Apia: WCPFC Apia Meeting Shut Down
- Fri 05 Dec - Solomon Islands: Who will be the new PM of Solomon Islands?
- • Thu 04 Dec - 11th Session of the WCPFC, Apia: Fiji joins body on Pacific Bluefin tuna fishery