Fiji’s Social Democratic Liberal Party to select interim board
SUVA, Fiji ---Fiji’s Social Democratic Liberal Party (SODELPA) will be meeting this Thursday to discuss the party constitution and select an interim board.
SODELPA general secretary Pio Tabaiwalu told FijiLive that an interim board will be selected to run party affairs before anything is finalised.
“We will be choosing a committee to be responsible for the selection of a new party leader,” Tabaiwalu said.
“We will also be looking at how our party will best operate given that it is new party and we look forward to all submissions that will be made by our supporters and members who will attend,” he said.
He said they will not be further deliberating on the draft constitution as they have already made submissions towards it.
“We only hope that government will include what we have made in our submissions in the new constitution.”
He is also calling on all SODELPA members and supporters to come and attend their meeting.
...or view more articles related to these topics:
...or try these related articles:
- Thu 27 Nov - Australia: Australian support for France’s nuclear force
- Mon 24 Nov - Italy: UN conference generates renewed global momentum to eradicate malnutrition
- Mon 24 Nov - Fiji: MSG Trade Agreement under review November
- Mon 24 Nov - New Zealand: 30 Fijians to work in NZ under seasonal scheme
- Mon 24 Nov - Fiji: Stand by big brothers: PNG foreign minister Pato
- Mon 24 Nov - Solomon Islands: $10m of AusAID funds stolen in Solomon Islands
- Mon 24 Nov - Vanuatu: Vanuatu PM in court bid to stop no confidence motions
- Mon 24 Nov - Papua New Guinea: PNG welcomes Fiji back in the PIF
- Mon 24 Nov - Fiji: Chinese President’s visit is “unprecedented” says an academic
- Mon 24 Nov - Fiji: Fiji’s 39 years of deepened relations with China bears fruit