Fiji’s Social Democratic Liberal Party to select interim board
SUVA, Fiji ---Fiji’s Social Democratic Liberal Party (SODELPA) will be meeting this Thursday to discuss the party constitution and select an interim board.
SODELPA general secretary Pio Tabaiwalu told FijiLive that an interim board will be selected to run party affairs before anything is finalised.
“We will be choosing a committee to be responsible for the selection of a new party leader,” Tabaiwalu said.
“We will also be looking at how our party will best operate given that it is new party and we look forward to all submissions that will be made by our supporters and members who will attend,” he said.
He said they will not be further deliberating on the draft constitution as they have already made submissions towards it.
“We only hope that government will include what we have made in our submissions in the new constitution.”
He is also calling on all SODELPA members and supporters to come and attend their meeting.
...or view more articles related to these topics:
...or try these related articles:
- Tue 28 Oct - Azerbaijan: Young people in ‘driver’s seat’ from very beginning of policy process a must – UN experts
- Tue 28 Oct - Fiji: New produce marketing a boost for Fiji’s smallholder farmers
- Tue 28 Oct - Fiji: over fake visas
- Tue 28 Oct - New Zealand: TVNZ Pacific presenter upbeat on outsourcing
- Tue 28 Oct - Papua New Guinea: Indonesian fugitive to remain as citizen in PNG
- Tue 28 Oct - Fiji: Equal rights
- Tue 28 Oct - Tonga: Tonga societal attitude holds women back
- Tue 28 Oct - Fiji: French military in talks to rekindle Fiji ties
- Tue 28 Oct - Indonesia: Joko Widodo unveils Indonesia's new cabinet, including first female foreign minister Retno Marsudi
- Tue 28 Oct - Azerbaijan: UN-backed forum: world's youth to demand seat at policy table