Fiji’s Social Democratic Liberal Party to select interim board
SUVA, Fiji ---Fiji’s Social Democratic Liberal Party (SODELPA) will be meeting this Thursday to discuss the party constitution and select an interim board.
SODELPA general secretary Pio Tabaiwalu told FijiLive that an interim board will be selected to run party affairs before anything is finalised.
“We will be choosing a committee to be responsible for the selection of a new party leader,” Tabaiwalu said.
“We will also be looking at how our party will best operate given that it is new party and we look forward to all submissions that will be made by our supporters and members who will attend,” he said.
He said they will not be further deliberating on the draft constitution as they have already made submissions towards it.
“We only hope that government will include what we have made in our submissions in the new constitution.”
He is also calling on all SODELPA members and supporters to come and attend their meeting.
...or view more articles related to these topics:
...or try these related articles:
- Tue 14 Apr - Fiji: DFAT support for NRL's Pacific Strategy
- Tue 14 Apr - Fiji: Bainimarama explains reasoning behind plans to “open up” Govt schools
- Mon 13 Apr - Fiji: More excerpts from MOG report:
- Mon 13 Apr - Fiji: NFP calls on Bainimarama to attend Forum Leaders Meeting
- Mon 13 Apr - Fiji: Some MOG Recommendations
- Mon 13 Apr - Fiji: Islands Business More MOG Recommendations
- Mon 13 Apr - Fiji: Fiji's 24 Elections report now published
- Thu 09 Apr - Rebuilding Vanuatu After TC Pam: How do you prepare for a monster storm?
- • Wed 08 Apr - Rebuilding Vanuatu After TC Pam: How do you prepare for a monster storm?
- Tue 07 Apr - Vanuatu: UN defends Vanuatu's response to Pam