Fiji’s Social Democratic Liberal Party to select interim board
SUVA, Fiji ---Fiji’s Social Democratic Liberal Party (SODELPA) will be meeting this Thursday to discuss the party constitution and select an interim board.
SODELPA general secretary Pio Tabaiwalu told FijiLive that an interim board will be selected to run party affairs before anything is finalised.
“We will be choosing a committee to be responsible for the selection of a new party leader,” Tabaiwalu said.
“We will also be looking at how our party will best operate given that it is new party and we look forward to all submissions that will be made by our supporters and members who will attend,” he said.
He said they will not be further deliberating on the draft constitution as they have already made submissions towards it.
“We only hope that government will include what we have made in our submissions in the new constitution.”
He is also calling on all SODELPA members and supporters to come and attend their meeting.
...or view more articles related to these topics:
...or try these related articles:
- Wed 25 Feb - Fiji: Private sector says EU fisheries report inaccurate
- Wed 25 Feb - Tonga: World Bank Regional Vice President to meet Tongan Prime Minister today
- Wed 25 Feb - Fiji: Fiji disciplinary forces support UN Convention Against Torture
- Tue 24 Feb - Tonga: Princess Tu'ipelehake fights for Fatai residence in Court
- Tue 24 Feb - Tuvalu: Tuvalu and Kiribati push for legal agreement on local crews for purse seine vessels in PNA waters
- Tue 24 Feb - Fiji: Fiji continues to expand foreign relations
- Tue 24 Feb - Tuvalu: Tuvaluans residing in Fiji need to extend their visas if they want to stay longer
- Tue 24 Feb - Tuvalu: Peak tide affects Tuvaluan communities living in coastal and low-lying areas
- Tue 24 Feb - France: Agriculture must change
- Tue 24 Feb - Australia: Pacific connected: A regional approach to development challenges facing island nations