Fiji’s Social Democratic Liberal Party to select interim board
SUVA, Fiji ---Fiji’s Social Democratic Liberal Party (SODELPA) will be meeting this Thursday to discuss the party constitution and select an interim board.
SODELPA general secretary Pio Tabaiwalu told FijiLive that an interim board will be selected to run party affairs before anything is finalised.
“We will be choosing a committee to be responsible for the selection of a new party leader,” Tabaiwalu said.
“We will also be looking at how our party will best operate given that it is new party and we look forward to all submissions that will be made by our supporters and members who will attend,” he said.
He said they will not be further deliberating on the draft constitution as they have already made submissions towards it.
“We only hope that government will include what we have made in our submissions in the new constitution.”
He is also calling on all SODELPA members and supporters to come and attend their meeting.
...or view more articles related to these topics:
...or try these related articles:
- Wed 23 Jul - Switzerland: New UN data shows need for urgent action to end female genital mutilation, child marriage
- Wed 23 Jul - Australia: HIV breakthrough reveals virus hidden in immune system cells
- Wed 23 Jul - Australia: Cancer-fighting drug romidepsin has been shown to expose hibernating HIV, making it susceptible to attack
- Wed 23 Jul - Papua New Guinea: Telikom PNG acquires Datec
- Wed 23 Jul - Australia: Global study finds major decline of death, infections from HIV, tuberculosis and malaria
- Wed 23 Jul - United Kingdom: Queen helps celebrate Prince George's birthday
- Wed 23 Jul - American Samoa: American Samoa warns about illness outbreak
- Wed 23 Jul - Indonesia: Joko Widodo elected Indonesian president
- Wed 23 Jul - Indonesia: West Papuan political prisoners freed
- Wed 23 Jul - Cook Islands: Cook Islands PM unfazed by petitions