Fiji’s Social Democratic Liberal Party to select interim board
SUVA, Fiji ---Fiji’s Social Democratic Liberal Party (SODELPA) will be meeting this Thursday to discuss the party constitution and select an interim board.
SODELPA general secretary Pio Tabaiwalu told FijiLive that an interim board will be selected to run party affairs before anything is finalised.
“We will be choosing a committee to be responsible for the selection of a new party leader,” Tabaiwalu said.
“We will also be looking at how our party will best operate given that it is new party and we look forward to all submissions that will be made by our supporters and members who will attend,” he said.
He said they will not be further deliberating on the draft constitution as they have already made submissions towards it.
“We only hope that government will include what we have made in our submissions in the new constitution.”
He is also calling on all SODELPA members and supporters to come and attend their meeting.
...or view more articles related to these topics:
...or try these related articles:
- Tue 02 Sep - Samoa: Tourism brings more than $34million into Vanuatu economy annually
- Tue 02 Sep - Fiji: Fiji Police on guard as postal ballots come in
- Tue 02 Sep - Golan Heights: Vigil for safe return of Fijian soldiers
- Tue 02 Sep - Samoa: PNG seeks more help for smaller island states
- Tue 02 Sep - Samoa: SIDS challenged to invest in climate services
- Tue 02 Sep - UNSIDS : SIDS Conference: SPC and partners emphasise importance of coastal fisheries
- Tue 02 Sep - UNSIDS : Pacific’s Largest Solar Photovoltaic Site Opened in Samoa
- Tue 02 Sep - UNSIDS : EU Water Project Provides for Over 1000 Families
- Tue 02 Sep - UNSIDS : A five year project strengthening Natural Solutions in the Pacific region
- Tue 02 Sep - UNSIDS : Pacific Resilience – Strategy for Climate and Disaster Resilient Development in the Pacific (SRDP)