Fiji’s Social Democratic Liberal Party to select interim board
SUVA, Fiji ---Fiji’s Social Democratic Liberal Party (SODELPA) will be meeting this Thursday to discuss the party constitution and select an interim board.
SODELPA general secretary Pio Tabaiwalu told FijiLive that an interim board will be selected to run party affairs before anything is finalised.
“We will be choosing a committee to be responsible for the selection of a new party leader,” Tabaiwalu said.
“We will also be looking at how our party will best operate given that it is new party and we look forward to all submissions that will be made by our supporters and members who will attend,” he said.
He said they will not be further deliberating on the draft constitution as they have already made submissions towards it.
“We only hope that government will include what we have made in our submissions in the new constitution.”
He is also calling on all SODELPA members and supporters to come and attend their meeting.
...or view more articles related to these topics:
...or try these related articles:
- Sat 20 Sep - 2014 Fiji Election Update: Fiji Election Result Update: 7am (fiji time)
- Thu 18 Sep - 2014 Fiji Election Update: Parties refuse to accept election defeat
- Thu 18 Sep - 2014 Fiji Election Update: International observers declare Fiji elections “credible”
- Thu 18 Sep - Papua New Guinea: Digicel receives approval
- Thu 18 Sep - Papua New Guinea: ANZ economist urges country to prepare for two risks
- Thu 18 Sep - Samoa: Bullets found in Samoan journalist bag during SIDS conference
- Thu 18 Sep - Solomon Islands: Solomons women flee domestic violence
- Thu 18 Sep - Vanuatu: Vanuatu presidential selection process continues
- Thu 18 Sep - Fiji: Frank Bainimarama’s Party poises for Fiji election win
- Thu 18 Sep - 2014 Fiji Election Update: Frank Bainimarama’s Party poises for Fiji election win