Fiji’s Social Democratic Liberal Party to select interim board
SUVA, Fiji ---Fiji’s Social Democratic Liberal Party (SODELPA) will be meeting this Thursday to discuss the party constitution and select an interim board.
SODELPA general secretary Pio Tabaiwalu told FijiLive that an interim board will be selected to run party affairs before anything is finalised.
“We will be choosing a committee to be responsible for the selection of a new party leader,” Tabaiwalu said.
“We will also be looking at how our party will best operate given that it is new party and we look forward to all submissions that will be made by our supporters and members who will attend,” he said.
He said they will not be further deliberating on the draft constitution as they have already made submissions towards it.
“We only hope that government will include what we have made in our submissions in the new constitution.”
He is also calling on all SODELPA members and supporters to come and attend their meeting.
...or view more articles related to these topics:
...or try these related articles:
- Tue 29 Jul - Solomon Islands: Fiji, Solomon Air War Worsens
- Mon 28 Jul - 45th Pacific Islands Forum: Crucial decisions for Pacific Islands Forum
- Fri 25 Jul - Australia: Criminalisation of homosexual behaviour in Pacific countries undermining HIV effort, advocates say
- Fri 25 Jul - Australia: Australian PM pulls out of Pacific Islands Forum Leaders Meeting to deal with MH 17 tragedy
- Thu 24 Jul - Australia: Bill Clinton: Aids-free generation within reach if we boost HIV treatment
- Thu 24 Jul - Papua New Guinea: PNG, Europe eye more trade
- Thu 24 Jul - Fiji: New Fiji Link ATR 42-600 arriving soon
- Thu 24 Jul - Samoa: Frozen Samoan taro soon to be on the overseas market
- Thu 24 Jul - Fiji: Fijian soldiers caught in crossfire
- Thu 24 Jul - Papua New Guinea: Challenge on PNG grace period law set for August