Fiji’s Social Democratic Liberal Party to select interim board
SUVA, Fiji ---Fiji’s Social Democratic Liberal Party (SODELPA) will be meeting this Thursday to discuss the party constitution and select an interim board.
SODELPA general secretary Pio Tabaiwalu told FijiLive that an interim board will be selected to run party affairs before anything is finalised.
“We will be choosing a committee to be responsible for the selection of a new party leader,” Tabaiwalu said.
“We will also be looking at how our party will best operate given that it is new party and we look forward to all submissions that will be made by our supporters and members who will attend,” he said.
He said they will not be further deliberating on the draft constitution as they have already made submissions towards it.
“We only hope that government will include what we have made in our submissions in the new constitution.”
He is also calling on all SODELPA members and supporters to come and attend their meeting.
...or view more articles related to these topics:
...or try these related articles:
- Fri 29 Aug - UNSIDS : Protect our oceans, urges Samoa minister
- Fri 29 Aug - UNSIDS : Pacific Resilience – Strategy for Climate and Disaster Resilient Development in the Pacific (SRDP)
- Fri 29 Aug - USA: From Tuvalu to Kiribati, the outlook for Pacific island states is perilous
- Fri 29 Aug - Samoa: Blue Ocean Film Festival Presented to the People of Samoa by the United Nations
- Fri 29 Aug - Samoa: Student sews for Samoa
- Fri 29 Aug - Solomon Islands: Child labour,trafficking is common in Pacific
- Fri 29 Aug - Solomon Islands: Pacific Islands operation catches three vessels suspected of IUU
- Fri 29 Aug - Papua New Guinea: PNG PM queried over Air Niugini catering using Fijian Made Water
- Fri 29 Aug - Samoa: Samoa's Head of State to address ‘Future Leaders of the Pacific’ conference
- Fri 29 Aug - USA: Feds give 20 species of colorful coral in Atlantic and Pacific protection as threatened