Fiji’s Social Democratic Liberal Party to select interim board
SUVA, Fiji ---Fiji’s Social Democratic Liberal Party (SODELPA) will be meeting this Thursday to discuss the party constitution and select an interim board.
SODELPA general secretary Pio Tabaiwalu told FijiLive that an interim board will be selected to run party affairs before anything is finalised.
“We will be choosing a committee to be responsible for the selection of a new party leader,” Tabaiwalu said.
“We will also be looking at how our party will best operate given that it is new party and we look forward to all submissions that will be made by our supporters and members who will attend,” he said.
He said they will not be further deliberating on the draft constitution as they have already made submissions towards it.
“We only hope that government will include what we have made in our submissions in the new constitution.”
He is also calling on all SODELPA members and supporters to come and attend their meeting.
...or view more articles related to these topics:
...or try these related articles:
- Fri 30 Jan - USA: UN experts say post-2015 negotiations must emphasize human rights, accountability
- Thu 29 Jan - Australia: When Ignorance Is Deadly: Pacific Women Dying From Lack of Breast Cancer Awareness
- Thu 29 Jan - New Zealand: Air NZ faces probe over how it sells insurance with airfares
- Thu 29 Jan - Fiji: Fiji lacks experts, says Bainimarama
- Thu 29 Jan - New Zealand: NZ's Duncan Hardie Group seeks Solomon Island oil
- Thu 29 Jan - New Zealand: Murray McCully's dramatic Antarctic flight report released
- Thu 29 Jan - Australia: Greens criticise Papua New Guinea's plans to repatriate Manus Island asylum seekers
- Thu 29 Jan - New Zealand: New Zealand passports targeted by criminals, terrorists
- Thu 29 Jan - Fiji: Eyes on traffickers: Fiji Revenue and Customs Authority
- Thu 29 Jan - Papua New Guinea: PNG Ombudsman refers Minister Gore for alleged misconduct