Fiji’s Social Democratic Liberal Party to select interim board
SUVA, Fiji ---Fiji’s Social Democratic Liberal Party (SODELPA) will be meeting this Thursday to discuss the party constitution and select an interim board.
SODELPA general secretary Pio Tabaiwalu told FijiLive that an interim board will be selected to run party affairs before anything is finalised.
“We will be choosing a committee to be responsible for the selection of a new party leader,” Tabaiwalu said.
“We will also be looking at how our party will best operate given that it is new party and we look forward to all submissions that will be made by our supporters and members who will attend,” he said.
He said they will not be further deliberating on the draft constitution as they have already made submissions towards it.
“We only hope that government will include what we have made in our submissions in the new constitution.”
He is also calling on all SODELPA members and supporters to come and attend their meeting.
...or view more articles related to these topics:
...or try these related articles:
- Wed 01 Oct - Papua New Guinea: ‘I was a millionaire before politics’: Namah
- Wed 01 Oct - Fiji: Fiji only country to offer aid
- Wed 01 Oct - Fiji: Outcome of Yasawa Hotel Business Continuity Plan (BCP) Training
- Wed 01 Oct - New Zealand: NZ funds frozen in Nauru stoush
- Wed 01 Oct - Kiribati: Kiribati copycat killings of women trigger death penalty bill debate
- Wed 01 Oct - USA: Caribbean Island leaders in UN Assembly warn of ‘real, ruinous’ impacts of climate change
- Wed 01 Oct - Australia: Nauru’s road from bird droppings to bust
- Wed 01 Oct - Australia: New Caledonian, Chinese companies plan Vanuatu nickel partnership
- Wed 01 Oct - USA: Islanders against seabed mining
- Wed 01 Oct - USA: Fiji's foreign minister met PNG, Seychells counterparts in New York